Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ta'amu now a felon.....wow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    The cops should have had Marcus Gilbert fall on his leg to immobilize him.
    Man, that is laugh out loud funny. My wife is asking "Whatta you laughing at, the Steelers lost".

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Of course, the Steelers and the NFL have their obligatory investigation. However, I expect this guy will be cut loose in short order.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    He might be done as a Steeler, but you mean as a football player? I think he can still have a future, obviously after MATURING a whole lot.

Whatever... he shouldn't be wearing the #95 anyway (should be on the officially/unofficially retired list).
    Yeah, I guess we'll see how he develops for the penal league. He's a felon, and there's a girl with a serious head injury by police accounts because of him. He doesn't deserve a chance with any other team....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Now that is funny

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts View Post
    The cops should have had Marcus Gilbert fall on his leg to immobilize him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Freakin stupid. Problems getting a Nose Tackle for the 3-4 just got worse. We already have a completely ineffective Hampton. Herein lies the issue I rail about with regards to replenishing the talent required to run a successful, elite 3-4 defense.
    This is completely Lebeau's fault. He must have been forcing Ta'amu to do shots. I mean, if we ran a 4-3, where you need not just one good DT, but at least 2, this never would have happened.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    This is completely Lebeau's fault. He must have been forcing Ta'amu to do shots. I mean, if we ran a 4-3, where you need not just one good DT, but at least 2, this never would have happened.
    Who mentioned LeBeau? The comment was about how thin we are at the NT position.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Philly, dl was obviously telling him not to do shots, but what dl was telling him was so complicated that ta'amu being a rookie couldn't figure it out

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Who mentioned LeBeau? The comment was about how thin we are at the NT position.
    Ta'amu was stupid and this is a problem for him. But connecting it to the 3-4 that you constant rail again (in your words) is a complete stretch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers rookie arrested on 15 counts of DUI, resisting-arrest charges after car chase, wreck

By Jay Busbee

Off weekends can be trouble in the NFL. Without a game to play on Sunday, the Steelers' Alameda Ta'amu, a rookie defensive lineman, got himself into a whole mess of trouble with Pittsburgh police early Sunday morning.

Ta'amu began the public-relations nightmare by driving a 2006 Lincoln Navigator the wrong way down a street on Pittsburgh's South Side at about 2:30 a.m. Sunday. From there, it was a cascade of illegality:

• He was observed swerving into other lanes, passing multiple vehicles, running red lights and speeding in a pedestrian-heavy zone.

• He then refused several orders from police to stop the car and get out of the vehicle, apparently even driving his SUV straight at a couple of the officers and forcing them to dive out of the way. The officers drew their guns, but did not fire, according to the criminal complaint, "due to the large number of pedestrians and motorists on the sidewalks and roadway."

• He slammed into a parked vehicle, injuring the driver, who was still in the vehicle.

• He kept going, finally hitting several other cars so hard that he disabled his own SUV.

• He got out of the car, took off his shirt, and began to run from police.

• He was finally subdued in a parking lot --at 6-foot-3, 348 pounds, he required multiple officers -- and handcuffed when he resisted arrest.

• His blood-alcohol content was found to be .196 percent, more than twice Pennsylvania's legal limit of .08 percent.

Yeah, that ... that's not so good. Any one of those would be worthy of a harsh punishment from the league. Together? Put it this way: Ta'amu hasn't yet played this season, and that's not likely to change anytime soon. He was arrested on 15 counts and will face a preliminary hearing on Oct. 23.

''We are disappointed to hear about the situation regarding Alameda Ta'amu,''

Steelers GM Kevin Colbert said in a press release. ''We will gather more facts before providing any further comment.'' Seems a wise idea.

[URL]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/steelers-rookie-arrested-dui-charges-car-chase-wreck-204535847--nfl.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

I will NEVER, EVER understand why guys who make insane amounts of money can't pay for a cab (or a car service). If you know you are headed out for a night of drinking (and he definitley had double digit number of drinks), don't even bother taking your car. My wife and I have a date night this Saturday (w/ a 21 month old it doesn't happen much...) and I will have a taxi pick us up at the house. My BAC won't be double the limit, but enough that I don't want to be driving, even though we'll be only 4 miles form home.

This situation is beyond insane. No wonder he was struggling with the playbook. He's dumb as a bag of hammers.