Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saunders released

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Saunders released

Saunders released. It is on Steelers.com

Very disappointed with this move. I wish we would have kept him instead of Pope who is below average at blocking and receiving (ask any Chiefs fan is you don't think we have enough evidence). This guy had second round athleticism, and it seemed like he'd be a good citizen since he arrive (even given his checkered past and suspension for ADD meds not cleared with the league).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]https://twitter.com/Wes_Saunders88?tw_i=258344487791775744&tw_e=screen name&tw_p=tweetembed[/url]

Signed with the Colts
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Doubt the Colts would have signed Pope if we released him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

not a great landing spot.

didn't they just draft 2 TEs?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    not a great landing spot.

didn't they just draft 2 TEs?
    Arians knows him. Must of liked something.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that's all well and good.

but he will still be buried behind the 1st two TEs taken in last years draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if he will have a longer tenure with the Colts than Trai Essex.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Tony Hills is on the Colts this year. Between Whiz and BA the players we get rid of seem to have places to go.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked Saunders too but the young we put in after DJ went down is pretty good... and the white guy #81, didn't screw up so I'm not feeling too bad about this move.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I liked Saunders too but the young we put in after DJ went down is pretty good... and the white guy #81, didn't screw up so I'm not feeling too bad about this move.
    Yeah, Will Johnson and David Paulson have been fine thus far in their first year with the Steelers...but we didn't need to cut either of them in order to keep Saunders. Leonard Pope hasn't shown really anything, and he doesn't possess the future potential that Saunders does either. I think everyone wanted Pope to go (he's had his shot with multiple teams already and never really panned out) and Weslye to stay around.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.