Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saunders released

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Saunders released

Saunders released. It is on Steelers.com

Very disappointed with this move. I wish we would have kept him instead of Pope who is below average at blocking and receiving (ask any Chiefs fan is you don't think we have enough evidence). This guy had second round athleticism, and it seemed like he'd be a good citizen since he arrive (even given his checkered past and suspension for ADD meds not cleared with the league).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]https://twitter.com/Wes_Saunders88?tw_i=258344487791775744&tw_e=screen name&tw_p=tweetembed[/url]

Signed with the Colts
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    [URL]https://twitter.com/Wes_Saunders88?tw_i=258344487791775744&tw_e=screen name&tw_p=tweetembed[/URL]

Signed with the Colts

I think this will work out for the Colts better than us. Saunders was the type of big body TE who could run and catch that we need to really pressure teams. Paulson just doesn't have the size and Pope is seriously lacking.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this will work out for the Colts better than us. Saunders was the type of big body TE who could run and catch that we need to really pressure teams. Paulson just doesn't have the size and Pope is seriously lacking.
    Exactly. Saunders had great size, good athleticism, and strength for the passing game/breaking tackles. He was also coming along as a blocker. Pope is awful. Even if he knew the offense better, he can't execute it consistently. Especially with Paulson earning playing time, we could afford to let Pope go.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Doubt the Colts would have signed Pope if we released him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

not a great landing spot.

didn't they just draft 2 TEs?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    not a great landing spot.

didn't they just draft 2 TEs?
    Arians knows him. Must of liked something.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

that's all well and good.

but he will still be buried behind the 1st two TEs taken in last years draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wonder if he will have a longer tenure with the Colts than Trai Essex.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Tony Hills is on the Colts this year. Between Whiz and BA the players we get rid of seem to have places to go.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!