Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saunders released

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I think Tony Hills is on the Colts this year. Between Whiz and BA the players we get rid of seem to have places to go.
    we now have a Pittsburgh West AND a Pittsburgh Midwest...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    [URL]https://twitter.com/Wes_Saunders88?tw_i=258344487791775744&tw_e=screen name&tw_p=tweetembed[/URL]

Signed with the Colts

I think this will work out for the Colts better than us. Saunders was the type of big body TE who could run and catch that we need to really pressure teams. Paulson just doesn't have the size and Pope is seriously lacking.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think this will work out for the Colts better than us. Saunders was the type of big body TE who could run and catch that we need to really pressure teams. Paulson just doesn't have the size and Pope is seriously lacking.
    Exactly. Saunders had great size, good athleticism, and strength for the passing game/breaking tackles. He was also coming along as a blocker. Pope is awful. Even if he knew the offense better, he can't execute it consistently. Especially with Paulson earning playing time, we could afford to let Pope go.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

The issue with Suanders is not his physical potential - the issue is between the ears. Back to training camp I was seeing reports that the coaching staff simply did not trust him.

For his sake, I hope he puts it together, but I don't see this as a big loss.