Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu Is Our MVP

Hybrid View

Backup

Troy Polamalu Is Our MVP

The Steelers are 28-9 wit Polamalu in the lineup and 7-9 without Him. Opponents score 14.8 Points WITH him and we give up 21.6 WITHOUT him. It is clear that we need to keep him healty. I have never EVER seen a team so dependant on a defensive player. Ever.

Backup
    I know guys HATE to agree with ANYTHING I post. Merely because I posted it. Thats Ok but this is a fact that cannot be ignored, we are garbage without this man.

Backup
    I'm glad I got to witness such a great talent and great professional. 1st ballot hall of famer and best SS in the history of the NFL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0R0djSFq-s

No question he is one of the BEST steeler MVPs of all time.

That said, he has played in only ONE 16 game season in his entire career.. He is hurt too much and his body is failing him now. He is on his way out.

Backup
    Just look at the highlights. WHAT other Steeler has impacted games like this man has? I cannot think of one.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Just look at the highlights. WHAT other Steeler has impacted games like this man has? I cannot think of one.

Joe Greene, Mel Blount. The NFL had to change it's rules because Blount was so outstanding in coverage.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Joe Greene, Mel Blount. The NFL had to change it's rules because Blount was so outstanding in coverage.
    They actually changed the rules because Blount was so physically dominant he beat the crap out of the WRs at the LOS of scrimmage and they never got into their patterns. He was also very good in coverage but it was his physicality that got the rules changed.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

2014 Draft

1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    They actually changed the rules because Blount was so physically dominant he beat the crap out of the WRs at the LOS of scrimmage and they never got into their patterns. He was also very good in coverage but it was his physicality that got the rules changed.
    Being so successful at being physical ____IS____ why he was so good in coverage. He was allowed to harass WRs all the way down the field, making it impossible for them to get open. Prior to Blount, there was no 5-yard rule on how long a CB could make contact with WR. I was well aware of this, but short-handed it to saying the rules were changed b/c of his awesome coverage, which was due to how physically dominant he was.

Backup
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    What Game did Blount impact like Troy Polamalu did? I posted Troys highlights. Post Blount and Greenes and lets compare

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    What Game did Blount impact like Troy Polamalu did? I posted Troys highlights. Post Blount and Greenes and lets compare
    You've got to be kidding me?!?!