Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corners

Rookie

User Info Menu

Corners

These corners are a joke taylor play is sad, next year in the draft in the first 4 rounds i want 3 corners drafted and 1 safety. I cut taylor or just release him and eat the contract. I tell the 3 corners i draft the best 2 of you after the preseason are the starters, i mean can they be any worse than these jokers britt looked like megatron if he would have not dropped everything. any thoughts??

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by devils View Post
    These corners are a joke taylor play is sad, next year in the draft in the first 4 rounds i want 3 corners drafted and 1 safety. I cut taylor or just release him and eat the contract. I tell the 3 corners i draft the best 2 of you after the preseason are the starters, i mean can they be any worse than these jokers britt looked like megatron if he would have not dropped everything. any thoughts??
    You're right! Hasselbeck tore them up for 350 yards and 3 TDs...

Uh...wait a minute...

Starter

User Info Menu

Absolutely! CB's are a most critical position. I do not give up on Ike however, he plays until he can't walk for me, but I can see how drafting another crop could help.

However, that does nothing for this season which is just starting. Are there any options to improve things now. Anything on the Practice Squad? Are none of the other CB's on the roster not even good enough to at least spell #23?

Going to be very hard to win these close type games that come down to the wire without an improvement back there.

Rookie

User Info Menu

A CB wasn't assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Ike has been terrible

However, I want Allen and Lewis to play more man coverage. I don't want a cushion either. Line these bigger CBs up right in front of the WRs. If they get beat, so be it.

Having these bigger guys give up a 10-15 yard cushion is stupid IMO. That is essentially eliminating their best attribute. Size.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    A CB wasn't assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route...
    was that really James Harrison assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route, shouldn't Harrison be rushing the QB instead?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's not a corner, but he could be Troy's replacement. All world player out of Texas. [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLY4PTo83I[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    He's not a corner, but he could be Troy's replacement. All world player out of Texas. [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLY4PTo83I[/URL]

Round 1) Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame

Round 2) Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Ike nor Harrison was guarding anyone man to man. Lebeau plays ZONE 99% of the time. We play zone even on goal line. Ike covers who is in his zone. Harrsion covered who was in his zone. So what you guys are complaining about is the SCHEME. Ike would excell in Philly or Oakland because they play man. Ikes two main flaws are his temper and finding the ball in the air. SUX

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    was that really James Harrison assigned to cover that TE on the crossing route, shouldn't Harrison be rushing the QB instead?
    What you have described is a smart offensive scheme. Its a numbers game and a smart OC will spread the Steelers out to get them out of their base 3-4 defense. They make Lebeau get out of base and go Nickel. If there is a wr in the slot (spread), then Harrsions duties change from rushing to pass defense.

Now lets say Harrison disregarded his duties and rushed instead of playing the slot. What happens? The Qb hits the slot all day as Harrison rushes. If Harrison doesnt rush and honors the slot then it gives the quarterback more time to pass. Again, smart offensive scheme. This scheme was exposed under Cowher/Lebeau when Gannon was the qb at Oakland. They passed like 40 straight times on us (Porter was in Harrisons spot)