Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Mendenhall and Redman are out for a long time

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post

He (Redman) had the chance to help win last Thursday's game. I thought that if he was able to stay in the game, we would've won that game. But he didn't. He took a hard shot on his leg, and he stayed out. Would he have stayed out if this was the Super Bowl? Would he have stayed out if he was a 10-year veteran playing for his last shot at a ring?
    How do you know it was Redman's decision to stay out of the game? The staff would have looked quite foolish to put him back in with a bad knee, and then lose him for the season as a result.

Though I have been disappointed with Redman's play prior to the Tennessee game, I thought he had an outstanding game vs. the Titans, showing extraordinary effort to pile up some great RAC. I would have voted him player of the game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, Redman was having a great night. Made me look good when I picked him up in the late rounds of my fantasy drafts. However, with Mendenhall being out all summer, I am still surprised why the Steelers didn't actively look for another RB in the off season. There are some decisions or lack there of, that is making question the FO.....Hope they get their act together next February and March.. Not giving up on the season, cause this league is crazy and so average right now, but no matter how the season ends, we need some infusion of some FA's down the road... Ala, a Farrior move like when we got him.. We need another one of these in 2013... or 2.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Hope they get their act together next February and March.. Not giving up on the season, cause this league is crazy and so average right now, but no matter how the season ends, we need some infusion of some FA's down the road... Ala, a Farrior move like when we got him.. We need another one of these in 2013... or 2.....
    I completely agree.

we have shown an almost complete and utter disdain for the FA market lately, and although I fully realize we will never be major players we need to become more active in it. when you rely solely on the draft to replenish talent and you miss on some of your picks, you need to help restock the cupboard via free agency also even if they are only mid to lower tier free agents.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I was under the impression that Haley would set the gameplan to our strengths. Does anyone think our strength is running the ball?
    Well it might be in our best interests to run the ball, given our o-line woes. Pouncey is questionable to play, we already have the Best Holder in football out there in Colon. Foster could be our best current starter.

I forgot about Adams... I shudder to think about Ben's health, with Adams blocking for him.