Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Dont know if this has been posted yet or not

Steelers fans filled about one-third of LP Field in Tennessee, but that didn’t prevent running back Rashard Mendenhall from posting a Twitter message Friday complaining about fair-weather fans.
    “Seriously, if you’re going to talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don’t call yourself a fan,” he tweeted. “A fan is a supporter ...”

Read more: [URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2768192-85/steelers-mundy-shaw-fans-season-titans-block-field-hit-punt#ixzz298MpsvGm[/URL]
    Follow us: [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]@triblive on Twitter[/URL] | [URL="http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=d-D-nM8emr4ALpacwqm_6l&u=triblive"]triblive on Facebook[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

What a load of nonsense. I should be spporting terrible individual play (too numerous to list), terrible team play - this D flat out blows, and I should also care more than some of the guys on the field - 'cause that's what it feels like. They just lost to 2 on the worst teams in the NFL. You know what that means - the Steelers are on that "worst teams in the NFL" list as well. A fan doesn't have to be a blind supporter of sh*tty football.
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-12-2012 at 10:26 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    A what a load of nonsense. I should be spporting terrible individual play (too numerous to list), terrible team play - this D flat out blows, and I should also care more than some of the guys on the field - 'cause that's what it feels like. They just lost to 2 on the worst teamd in the NFL. You know what that means - the Steelers are on that "worst teams in teh NFL" list as well. A fan doesn't have to be a blind supporter of sh*tty football.
    I don't think you should be heckling your team on the road or in the stadium. Sure you shouldn't stand for crap play but I don't think the Steelers stand for it either. I just think it's happening and without blowing it all up or sprinkling magic dust on the injuries of the many the steelers are going to have some tough sledding this year. I don't disagree with Mendenhall. They've put out a high level product for a long, long time. I think they're entitled to some tough sledding.

Legend

User Info Menu

STFU mendy. the last thing you did notable was fumble away the superbowl.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    STFU mendy. the last thing you did notable was fumble away the superbowl.
    I didn't realize that fell squarely on Mendenhall. It was a telegraphed play, it was poorly blocked as a direct result and he was leveled by Matthews. I'd wager that every tailback in the nfl puts the ball on the ground in the same scenario. Mendenhall doesn't get the credit he deserves on this message board or within the fan base. He looked terrific last week. He was banged up this week.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's hard to imagine exactly when a good time to tell your boss to STFU is. Probably not when you are calling in sick and your department just laid an egg. Mendy's injured (so we had to depend on our 3rd or 4th string RB to get the ball closer for the last FG attempt. "Where'sssss MENDY?!!"), the Steelers just blew a big game, and he's telling us off???

We buy the tix, and pay for his gravy ticket. Maybe I want to boo, maybe I don't. Either way - I do believe he ought to STFU, put his head in the playbook, and practice running better.

That's what employees who like to keep their jobs do. Not twitter off the boss.
    Last edited by SanAntonioSteelerFan; 10-12-2012 at 10:06 PM.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    It's hard to imagine exactly when a good time to tell your boss to STFU is. Probably not when you are calling in sick and your department just laid an egg. Mendy's injured (so we had to depend on our 3rd or 4th string RB to get the ball closer for the last FG attempt. "Where'sssss MENDY?!!"), the Steelers just blew a big game, and he's telling us off???

We buy the tix, and pay for his gravy ticket. Maybe I want to boo, maybe I don't. Either way - I do believe he ought to STFU, put his head in the playbook, and practice running better.

That's what employees who like to keep their jobs do. Not twitter off the boss.
    Umm Mendenhall is a big part of the reason we won last week. He got hurt this week. I don't think he needs to be overly concerned with "getting in the playbook" but instead concern himself along with the rest of the team with getting healthy. I swear after a loss a good percentage of this message board resides on a different planet.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Umm Mendenhall is a big part of the reason we won last week. He got hurt this week. I don't think he needs to be overly concerned with "getting in the playbook" but instead concern himself along with the rest of the team with getting healthy. I swear after a loss a good percentage of this message board resides on a different planet.
    I'm not saying he's not the reason we won last week, that's great (glad his fumble was out of bounds, too). I'm saying as a player there is no upside in calling out the fans. You know that commercial about the Ticket Oak? Well that's just fantasy, but the real life reality is that "Fan = Owner's Money Oak". Not a good idea to piss them off. Best option - STFU (not you Snatch98, Mendy).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Minnesota beat the titans 30 -7. Houston 38 -14. San Diego 38 -10. New England 34-13. The Titans STINK and just beat the Steelers. What the Steelers did against them is a total disgrace. I'm sorry Mendy's feeling are hurt but how about taking that energy and turning it into the clubhouse to light a fire under a team that is playing atrocious. Don't worry about the fans - your own house is a mess.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Minnesota beat the titans 30 -7. Houston 38 -14. San Diego 38 -10. New England 34-13. The Titans STINK and just beat the Steelers. What the Steelers did against them is a total disgrace. I'm sorry Mendy's feeling are hurt but how about taking that energy and turning it into the clubhouse to light a fire under a team that is playing atrocious. Don't worry about the fans - your own house is a mess.