Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This isn't his first stupid tweet.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

We beat the lowly Jets and the turnover plagued eagles,just barely.
    We have to face it, we're just not that good anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Rashard Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2012

Pittsburgh running back Rashard Mendenhall wasn’t happy with the way some Steelers fans reacted to Thursday night’s loss to the Titans.

Mendenhall took to Twitter after the game and said that fans who are critical of their team shouldn’t be able to call themselves fans, because fans are supposed to be supportive. Mendenhall didn’t specify what he was reacting to, but he apparently wasn’t pleased that some fans had ripped him on Twitter after gaining just six yards on six carries before leaving the game with an Achilles injury.

Rashard Mendenhall

@R_Mendenhall
    Seriously, if you're gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don't call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter...
    11 Oct 12

The good news is that Mendenhall’s injury isn’t expected to be serious. The bad news is that Mendenhall isn’t going to ingratiate himself to fans by telling them they have to be supportive. The Steelers have great fans, thousands of whom made the trip to Tennessee on Thursday night to see their team. And when fans travel to see their team and the team doesn’t play well, complaining about it afterward is just what fans do.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/rashard-mendenhall-tells-fans-they-need-to-be-supportive/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Rashard Mendenhall tells fans they need to be supportive

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 12, 2012

Pittsburgh running back Rashard Mendenhall wasn’t happy with the way some Steelers fans reacted to Thursday night’s loss to the Titans.

Mendenhall took to Twitter after the game and said that fans who are critical of their team shouldn’t be able to call themselves fans, because fans are supposed to be supportive. Mendenhall didn’t specify what he was reacting to, but he apparently wasn’t pleased that some fans had ripped him on Twitter after gaining just six yards on six carries before leaving the game with an Achilles injury.

Rashard Mendenhall

@R_Mendenhall
    Seriously, if you're gonna talk trash about your team and everyone on it, don't call yourself a fan. A fan is a supporter...
    11 Oct 12

The good news is that Mendenhall’s injury isn’t expected to be serious. The bad news is that Mendenhall isn’t going to ingratiate himself to fans by telling them they have to be supportive. The Steelers have great fans, thousands of whom made the trip to Tennessee on Thursday night to see their team. And when fans travel to see their team and the team doesn’t play well, complaining about it afterward is just what fans do.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/12/rashard-mendenhall-tells-fans-they-need-to-be-supportive/[/URL]
    Nice article. In my opinion Mendenhall, is way out of line, the fans should be upset. We should not have lost that game. Not what I want to hear after a loss. Say things like I take responiblity, appologize, well work harder things of that nature.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler fans should stop going to road games for the rest of this year. Heck why not boycott home games too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who knows what moronic fans said to Mendenhall for him to respond the way he did??? I can only imagine what was said based on the negative and illogical ways fans react on message boards after every loss. I can't believe some of the reactions myself. As an example see: "Steelers fans should stop going to road games for the rest of this year. Heck why not boycott home games too." This team gave this fan base a lot of great moments. It's like fans only remember and focus on the negative moments and forget the great moments. For fans to turn on players and ridicule them when things are not going so well makes for a questionable/bad fan base. This teams been in every game they loss. A play here or there and the outcome of games would be different.

I think fans that live with such a high level of negative feelings and reactions after losses, bad seasons, ect. need to reevaluate what sports means in their lives.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Minnesota beat the titans 30 -7. Houston 38 -14. San Diego 38 -10. New England 34-13. The Titans STINK and just beat the Steelers. What the Steelers did against them is a total disgrace. I'm sorry Mendy's feeling are hurt but how about taking that energy and turning it into the clubhouse to light a fire under a team that is playing atrocious. Don't worry about the fans - your own house is a mess.
    If you want to go down that road, we just beat the Eagles and the Eagles beat the Ravens and the SB Champs........Ya'll need to relax and take a chill pill......
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Furthermore, I HATE this Twitter crap....I'd like to see them (NFL) set a policy where the players can't use that or FB during the regular and post season.......This social media crap has to be reigned in- in my opinion...I'll use this website, but thats it...Twitter and FB suks.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    If you want to go down that road, we just beat the Eagles and the Eagles beat the Ravens and the SB Champs........Ya'll need to relax and take a chill pill......
    Sure hope this isn't what Tomlin is telling the team...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhh some people haven't caught onto what the NFL has become. Fan would realize that close games and upsets happen every week if they paid attention.