Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mendenhall critical of Pittsburgh fans in Tennessee

Legend

User Info Menu

Cook: Mendenhall's lack of common sense can't cloud team's poor play:

Mendenhall will say he wasn't calling out all Steelers fans, just those who were critical of him, the team or both after the Tennessee game. That doesn't matter. A professional athlete never wins when he takes on the fans.

Steelers fans are more supportive of their team than any fan base in sports. Many paid big money to get to and into LP Field in Nashville. The place was nearly half-filled with Terrible Towels.

There was very little to like about the Steelers effort against the Titans. The team lost to an inferior opponent, which is becoming a sad trend this season. Fans at the game and those watching on television had every right to be disgusted. They also have every right to be critical if they feel it's warranted. That hardly makes them bad, unsupportive fans. It just makes 'em caring, passionate fans.

Read more: [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/ron-cook/rashard-mendenhalls-lack-of-common-sense-cant-cloud-teams-poor-play-657568/#ixzz29NOcGMIC[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

Mendenhall is a moron.

Some players should be banned from having media and social media at their disposal.

I wonder if Mendenhall watched thousands of KC fans cheer when Cassel was knocked out cold 2 weeks ago. If he wants lack of support, maybe Steelers fans can cheer if Mendy tears his ACL again.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Furthermore, I HATE this Twitter crap....I'd like to see them (NFL) set a policy where the players can't use that or FB during the regular and post season.......This social media crap has to be reigned in- in my opinion...I'll use this website, but thats it...Twitter and FB suks.
    Don't blame twitter. Blame the idiot(s) behind the tweet. That's like blaming the drug, for ruining your life. YOU (not "you", just figurative) decided to do drugs... don't blame the drugs.

As for Mendenhall, STFU you wide-apart-eyed ignoramus. The fans pay their money... in effect pay your enormous salary, so they can say whatever they damn well want. Unless he'd like to give back money to those booing fans.