Thread: 4 Canadian brother Steelers fans to ravens game: need any/all advice

Rookie

User Info Menu

4 Canadian brother Steelers fans to ravens game: need any/all advice

Four Canadian brothers all over the country; big Steeler fans. Using Pittsburgh for the first annual yearly reunion spot. Always loved the Steelers:...I actually live in DC but come here about 4 time a year just cause I love this place. This is our first time and planning to make this a yearly road trip. I got the tix. wow, not cheap, but were all in the door!! Will be down 2 days before to spill some cash around the city of champions. Its my idea so, Im the planner (and Moms favorite) but dont know much. So, am under the gun to avoid brotherly abuse need advice on making it the best time..

Here's all I know for sure:
    Steelers fans are the best in the world.
    This is really one of the best citys in the country.
    invest International $$ locally: Rolling Rock, Iron city Beer, Bramates etc..

Heres all I think I know:
    Parking in the gold section (or someone said Blue G7) is best for tailgating
    5 hours before is when things start.
    Getting out after the game is a bitch (but were all taking off monday so, no worries... but how long can I Keep my car in the lot AFTER the game?? (guess I dont know that either)
    Heard there are new rules as of last month (?)

Heres what youngest brother Marty says:
    Best to bring extra beer and food and make another tailgate better.

All advice on tailgate partys, pre tailgate bars, hotels, much appreciated.

Signed. Mom's Fav

Legend

User Info Menu

Unless you really have to tailgate, I suggest to park at Station Square and take the ferry over.
    You can get over early and still drink and party.
    Then you can hit the bars over by the stadium before and after and don't have to worry about drinking and driving and moving your car.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Thanks! Sounds like I wont need to invest in a parking pass either. Also, can get a cheaper hotel from that point. Glad i waited for advice. But am sure all brothers wont agree in singular venue. Would be great to go to bars AND also join a tailgate...but want to go bearing beer. I was once in a bar in Pittsburgh and could buy beer right from bar. Then we could bring beer to a tailgate... is that possible? Or are beer stores close in and open on Sundays? Guess we could always back some stuff? Any Ideas??

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/38391-Planet-Steelers-Tailgate-2012[/url]

Check this out eh

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Screw the ferry! Scratch that. To heck with the boat. If its your first visit you MUST tailgate. Your brother with xtra beer advice should be put in charge for now. Have fun!!!
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Rookie

User Info Menu

Marty's alway right. If were going to do it, which lot? Should we get a parking spot or just show up bearing gifts?

Backup

User Info Menu

Parking is tough these days because the lots at the stadium are mostly, if not all reserve. I think passes are available on line but at a scalpers price. I go to the lots just past the stadium. They are fairly close to the West end bridge/Rt 65 (Ohio River Blvd) signs......not sure of the road name. Might be Western Ave. Its a fairly quick walk to the stadium.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]