Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How about Worilds?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Stats don't tell the whole story.
    IF I recall right, Worilds got 2 sacks from being unblocked and 1 sack where the QB was under pressure and he got a mop up sack.

A pass rusher needs to be disruptive. I hardly notice him out there vs the run or just getting pressure on the QB.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

He was more dominant than Harrison was last night.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I don't have a problem with Worilds. He is ok. But, his total of 3 sacks in 3 games is very misleading. 2 of Worilds sacks (in earlier games) came when he was schemed open on blitzes. He was unblocked on both. I don't think I could give him much credit for those (there were very easy plays).
    I've seen plenty of unblocked defenders whiff on QBs before, so you have to credit him for actually bringing the QBs down once he gets to them.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Profootball focus says the following: Worilds was the only one bringing pressure last night.

Outside linebackers Jason Worlids and James Harrison could only combine to record four pressures, with three of them (1 Sk, 1 Ht, 1 Hu) coming from the third-year backup. .
    [URL]https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/10/12/refo-steelers-titans-week-6/[/URL]

Not saying he's a stud. Just saying it's not time to give up on him yet.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I knew there would be people who would make an issue about how he supposedly gets sacks unblocked, like he now should not get credit for them. That is a talent in itself. The good ones find the opportunity to come in unblocked and the not-so-good ones dont. Did you see Carter getting sacks unblocked? No Worilds reads those situations well. He sees that opening, delays just enough and then has a good burst so that he can get to the QB. That is a an attribute to be praised not to discredit him. Other LBs could find those if they were aware enough, but they don't.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    SITUATIONAL PASSRUSHER, not a starter in the NFL.
    Black,white or green changes nothing
    There does seem to be a glimmer of hope for this one now at least. Although he does seem to prefer to avoid contact but at least there seems to be something there.

btw: Methinks the Steelers [TS] could use a couple of those green players. Anyone know of any that can play LCB.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Worilds has played two good games in the last seven days...

There are problems on this team, but he is not one of them...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    this is one of the more ignorant comments you've ever made...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I knew there would be people who would make an issue about how he supposedly gets sacks unblocked, like he now should not get credit for them. That is a talent in itself. The good ones find the opportunity to come in unblocked and the not-so-good ones dont. Did you see Carter getting sacks unblocked? No Worilds reads those situations well. He sees that opening, delays just enough and then has a good burst so that he can get to the QB. That is a an attribute to be praised not to discredit him. Other LBs could find those if they were aware enough, but they don't.
    Those people probably read Stillers.com and want to compare one LB named Jason to another, if you know what I mean.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Stats don't tell the whole story.
    IF I recall right, Worilds got 2 sacks from being unblocked and 1 sack where the QB was under pressure and he got a mop up sack.

A pass rusher needs to be disruptive. I hardly notice him out there vs the run or just getting pressure on the QB.
    That's exactly right!
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S