Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: How about Worilds?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    How about Worilds?

    Don't know if he can play the run, but looking like he can at least rush the passer some. 3 sacks on the year in 5 games coming off injury.

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    That is a straw man argument.

    I generally like Worilds, but his fault is not that he isn't a white LB from PSU - his issue is that he cannot stay healthy.

  4. #4
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is a straw man argument.

    I generally like Worilds, but his fault is not that he isn't a white LB from PSU - his issue is that he cannot stay healthy.
    Plus he has a Defensive Player of the Year in front of him on one side and a Pro Bowl player on the other side. But then again it's not like Woodley and Harrison have been pillars of health either.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Plus he has a Defensive Player of the Year in front of him on one side and a Pro Bowl player on the other side. But then again it's not like Woodley and Harrison have been pillars of health either.
    Not next year. James Harrison saves the team $5.1 Million if cut before 1 June and $6.5 after. At 34, having injury issues, plus the Steelers being close to $30 million over the cap next year, he is as good as gone.

    Next year?

    Worilds, Te'o, Timmons, and Woodley
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  6. #6
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not next year. James Harrison saves the team $5.1 Million if cut before 1 June and $6.5 after. At 34, having injury issues, plus the Steelers being close to $30 million over the cap next year, he is as good as gone.

    Next year?

    Worilds, Te'o, Timmons, and Woodley
    People don't realize that Worilds has had only one true offseason in 3 years. He was hurt one offseason, lockout one, let's see how he develops this season and over the next offseason. If he can stay healthy he has the physical tools to succeed. The question is whether you move Woodley over to Harrison's spot or Worilds.

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not next year. James Harrison saves the team $5.1 Million if cut before 1 June and $6.5 after. At 34, having injury issues, plus the Steelers being close to $30 million over the cap next year, he is as good as gone.

    Next year?

    Worilds, Te'o, Timmons, and Woodley
    It won't be that way since Woodley will be playing DE in our new 4-3 once LeBeau is pushed out the door. Te'o would be a great add.

    Who knows, maybe Woodley is DE on one side of the 4-3 and Worilds on the other side!!!!!!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    It's interesting that a white LB from Penn State was probably the man most responsible for the loss last night (Tim Shaw's blocked punt changed the whole complexion of that game).

  9. #9
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    this is one of the more ignorant comments you've ever made...

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    1,997
    SITUATIONAL PASSRUSHER, not a starter in the NFL.
    Black,white or green changes nothing

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •