Thread: This team blows, will be lucky to go 8-8

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This team blows, will be lucky to go 8-8

That is all on this miserable morning.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, the Buffalo Bills BLOW.

The Steelers are at least competitive. Sheesh....get a hold of yourself (think of the movie Airplane)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    They'd probably beat us. Fitzpatrick would have a wide open Stevie Johnson to throw to all day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post

The Steelers are at least competitive. Sheesh....get a hold of yourself (think of the movie Airplane)
    Please, this team would struggle against the Bills at this point. You realize that the Raiders and the Titans are a combined 2-10 against opponents other than the Steelers?

This team looks a lot like the 2003 team. I only hope they can bounce back next year like they did in 2004.

Legend

User Info Menu

This team needs a makeover badly.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Extreme.

Rockon

Legend

User Info Menu

The "generational change" I have mentioned in the past needs to be accelerated. We may suffer for a year or two but time to play and get the players who will take us through the next 10 years not the ones who got us through the past 10.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovideo, you are right.
    Young guys on offense have made an impact in their early years.
    The defense keeps relying on it's dinosaurs because they know the system.
    It took us over 3 years to realize our 3rd round pick CB(Lewis) isn't really that good

Legend

User Info Menu

Ovideo, you are right.
    Young guys on offense have made an impact in their early years.
    The defense keeps relying on it's dinosaurs because they know the system.
    It took us over 3 years to realize our 3rd round pick CB(Lewis) isn't really that good
    It's only what I have been saying for a couple of years now. However, we are in a bind because we have "missed" on several of the conversion projects that LeBeau attempted and now we have some holes in the front seven. If we stay with LeBeau and his system help may be two to three years away. If we change the system we may be able to get players to come out of college and play the positions they always have and therefore get on the field sooner.

The problem with LeBeau and his system isn't that it is bad, if you have all the pieces it is outstanding. The problem is that it is too difficult to sustain because you have to take too many chances on "conversions" in the front seven and when you miss (like Bruce Davis, Oriel Harris, Ryan McBean, Thadeus Gibson, Doug Worthington) it forces you to go back again and take another chance on another guy for that position. When you are doing that you are not addressing other positions.

In my mind it has always be a sustainability issue with LeBeau's 3-4 defense. The problems started becoming visible a couple of season ago. IMO if we didn't get lucky with James Harrison and have an often cut UDFA become a star the problem would have been much worse, much earlier.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's only what I have been saying for a couple of years now. However, we are in a bind because we have "missed" on several of the conversion projects that LeBeau attempted and now we have some holes in the front seven. If we stay with LeBeau and his system help may be two to three years away. If we change the system we may be able to get players to come out of college and play the positions they always have and therefore get on the field sooner.

The problem with LeBeau and his system isn't that it is bad, if you have all the pieces it is outstanding. The problem is that it is too difficult to sustain because you have to take too many chances on "conversions" in the front seven and when you miss (like Bruce Davis, Oriel Harris, Ryan McBean, Thadeus Gibson, Doug Worthington) it forces you to go back again and take another chance on another guy for that position. When you are doing that you are not addressing other positions.

In my mind it has always be a sustainability issue with LeBeau's 3-4 defense. The problems started becoming visible a couple of season ago. IMO if we didn't get lucky with James Harrison and have an often cut UDFA become a star the problem would have been much worse, much earlier.

Excellent post. Great points.

Rockon