Thread: Ya know in this years draft we need to flat out forget about need and...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Ya know in this years draft we need to flat out forget about need and...

..just draft play makers. We see what injuries do to a team. Draft best player on the board and a guy who can make impact plays! And we need to just let them play and deal with the growing pains. I am watching teams start third round draft picks and watching them make plays. No one can tell em that Alameda Ta'Amu can't do a better job than Casey Hampton. He is absolutely doing nothing. But the Steelers wont even think about even suiting up Ta'Amu.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yeah, well from the looks of it we have a LOT of needs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ..just draft play makers. We see what injuries do to a team. Draft best player on the board and a guy who can make impact plays! And we need to just let them play and deal with the growing pains. I am watching teams start third round draft picks and watching them make plays. No one can tell em that Alameda Ta'Amu can't do a better job than Casey Hampton. He is absolutely doing nothing. But the Steelers wont even think about even suiting up Ta'Amu.
    Agreed about the draft...would love to see a clear difference maker on the team, but glad we don't usually draft high enough for it to be a need.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Backup

User Info Menu

All we need are four new LBs, two new Ss and a LG. And maybe even a promotion for Keith Butler...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    All we need are four new LBs, two new Ss and a LG. And maybe even a promotion for Keith Butler...
    "Maybe a promotion for Butler" Are you kidding me. If the schizophrenic play calling we have seen from LeBeau this season isn't enough to convince even his most ardent idol worshiper that he has lost it then we will never be a great team again.

At the least we need to let LeBeau walk and promote Butler but if that means more of the same defense then send Butler on his way too. We need a defensive coordinator who recognizes what it is to be a Steelers defense...attack, attack, attack!!!!!!! If we lose, do it fighting not the BS we saw last night (plus Denver and Oakland).
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    "Maybe a promotion for Butler" Are you kidding me. If the schizophrenic play calling we have seen from LeBeau this season isn't enough to convince even his most ardent idol worshiper that he has lost it then we will never be a great team again.

At the least we need to let LeBeau walk and promote Butler but if that means more of the same defense then send Butler on his way too. We need a defensive coordinator who recognizes what it is to be a Steelers defense...attack, attack, attack!!!!!!! If we lose, do it fighting not the BS we saw last night (plus Denver and Oakland).
    Not sure if the stat is still current, but the Steelers were blitzing more than any team in the league and certainly brought a lot of extra rushers last night.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Not sure if the stat is still current, but the Steelers were blitzing more than any team in the league and certainly brought a lot of extra rushers last night.
    Bringing one OLB to the rush probably on your referenced stat counts as a blitz but that is really just 4 men--the bare minimum. With Hampton playing as much as he does he really NEVER really rushes the passer (he's incapable) so you essentially have 3.5 men going against 5 (OL) or 6 (OL + TE or RB). Sorry, but that is not a blitz. Everyone we play expects to see either Woodley (Worilds) or Harrison rush so it's not a surprise to anyone and they are prepared for it. IMO a blitz is wher you outnumber and overwhelm the number of blockers at a certain point along the LOS. Did you see that last night? I didn't. Timmons manhandled the Eagles last week but mostly he was dropping again last night.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Bringing one OLB to the rush probably on your referenced stat counts as a blitz but that is really just 4 men--the bare minimum. With Hampton playing as much as he does he really NEVER really rushes the passer (he's incapable) so you essentially have 3.5 men going against 5 (OL) or 6 (OL + TE or RB). Sorry, but that is not a blitz. Everyone we play expects to see either Woodley (Worilds) or Harrison rush so it's not a surprise to anyone and they are prepared for it. IMO a blitz is wher you outnumber and overwhelm the number of blockers at a certain point along the LOS. Did you see that last night? I didn't. Timmons manhandled the Eagles last week but mostly he was dropping again last night.
    Stat was unclear, but I'm pretty sure it referred to rushing 5 or more.

I saw Timmons rush and get picked up by Chris Johnson. Awesome. He also had a ball thrown to him that Mayock credited to play design.