Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing Loss but Don't Overreact...

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben Roethlisberger has become Archie Manning: a great QB on a lousy team.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Ben Roethlisberger has become Archie Manning: a great QB on a lousy team.
    You may be on to something...I was thinking it was odd that Ben has so many "Comeback" or game-winning drives (second only to Peyton) & I thought to myself how Peyton covered so much of the Colts inadequacies & wondered if it's the same with Ben.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Don't mean to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but apologists and silver-lining peeps need to check themselves. We've climbed the mountain six times and staken our claim on this league as WORLD CHAMPIONS! Anything other than that or at least a competitive hope of that is an unfulfilled season. We've made Carson "I left my ACL with Kimo" Palmer and Matt "Brokeback" Hasselbeck look like SB MVPs. We suck and we need to get young quick.
    You need to post more because you hit the nail on the head. We aren't a good football team right now. After we attack the Eagles and beat them using that style we go pasive against one of the worst etams in the NFL. It's like our defense, or the Coord, has a personality disorder. We're the freaking Steelers. We attack and destroy offense we don't sit back and play "tackle the catch"
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The titans were 1-4 and on a short week too. They were able to overcome. Just more excuses.
    They were the home team.

In Thursday night games, the home teams have won 16 out of the last 19.

Backup

User Info Menu

How the hell is it even possible to overreact? This team is 2-3, 0-3 on the road, and have looked god awful doing it. They've blown double digit second half leads in 4 of the first 5 games, being lucky enought to pull out the win vs. the Eagles at home. And it's not like these road games were at NE, at Bal and at SF. They were at Den(not horrible loss but not good), Oak(horrible loss) and Tennessee(even horribler loss). And this is the so-called "easy" stretch of the schedule. It's going to get a lot tougher in the coming weeks. So, I for one after watching the 2012 Steelers play 5 games to this point, don't believe it's at all possible to overeact to what we've seen this far. This a bad football team, with discipline, physicality and identity issues in addition to talent and injury issues. That doesn't bode well for expectations of a successful season.

Rockon

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    They were the home team.

In Thursday night games, the home teams have won 16 out of the last 19.
    And I'm sorry but that's just more bullsh!t excuses. This team seems to be piling them up faster than injuries and losses. No way in hell the Steelers should've lost to that team last night, I don't care where it was played.

Rockon

Backup

User Info Menu

Heard it this morning: when you can't beat lousy teams......you've become one. Overreacting???? No
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by virgilbosetti View Post
    Heard it this morning: when you can't beat lousy teams......you've become one. Overreacting???? No
    The Steelers have become the Cincinnati Bengals, and are fast on their way to becoming the Cleveland Browns of they're not careful.

Rockon

Legend

User Info Menu

[QUOTE-DBR96A]Ben Roethlisberger has become Archie Manning: a great QB on a lousy team.[/QUOTE]
    A "franchise quarterback" without a franchise?

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    You may be on to something...I was thinking it was odd that Ben has so many "Comeback" or game-winning drives (second only to Peyton) & I thought to myself how Peyton covered so much of the Colts inadequacies & wondered if it's the same with Ben.
    Not so many game-winning drives last season and this one, but I think its true that Ben has covered a lot of team's inadequacies.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rockonsteel View Post
    The Steelers have become the Cincinnati Bengals, and are fast on their way to becoming the Cleveland Browns of they're not careful.

Rockon
    Rumor has it they're considering changing the team name from the "Steelers" to the "Charmin Tissues"...because they're extra soft and, well, you know the rest.