Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think it was a bad decision to go for the field goal...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think it was a bad decision to go for the field goal...

It was out of Suisham's range and it would have been better to punt and pin the Titans deep. Risking missing that field goal meant giving the Titans a short field and needing only one big pass play to get in field goal range. Bad call there Tomlin. Bad call.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree.

Punting would have been too.

ANYTHING that had our defense on the field would have been a bad decision.

So, by process of exclusion, I think the only thing to do would have been to go for it. At least there would have been a CHANCE we could have kept the defense off the field.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The defensive call on 3rd down all night was bad calls, Kurt Warner just said he don't understand why would you take your best pass rusher and put him on a tight end in a crucial situation.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even if he had made it, the titans still had 40 seconds to score. It would have made no difference in the outcome. With our inability to make a stop, the only way we win is a last second victory or up by two scores with less than a minute to go.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreed. Tomlin blew it... Miss it, they get the ball on the 45- guess what? Stupid coaching there...inexcusable.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I agree.

Punting would have been too.

ANYTHING that had our defense on the field would have been a bad decision.

So, by process of exclusion, I think the only thing to do would have been to go for it. At least there would have been a CHANCE we could have kept the defense off the field.
    I would have been ok for going for it too but like the field attempt if unsuccessful you give the Titans a short field. I would have preferred the Titans having to 80-90 yards than only 56.

Legend

User Info Menu

The D would fail regardless where they spotted the ball. Not sure why our 3rd down D looks like a Chinese fire drill.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bad decision doesn't even begin to describe the depths of the stupidity of that call. How can you even put that defense on the field 20 yards from FG range? You had to know there was a strong chance Sushi would not hit from outside his range. YOU HAD TO KNOW!!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I also agree bad decision to kick, But the game was over when the passive Lebeau came back.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Bad decision doesn't even begin to describe the depths of the stupidity of that call. How can you even put that defense on the field 20 yards from FG range? You had to know there was a strong chance Sushi would not hit from outside his range. YOU HAD TO KNOW!!!!!!!
    Flasteel, I agree with 100%. Dude has never made a kick over 52 yards in all his career. If you make them go 90 yards you at least have a chance the time runs out on them.