Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I think it was a bad decision to go for the field goal...

Tomlin's reason for attempting 54-yarder

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin decided on allowing Shaun Suisham to try a what-would-have-been a career long 54-yard field goal.

Suisham missed, the Titans got good field position and Rob Bironas kicked the game-winner a minute later.

This is what Tomlin had to say about the decision:

Was there debate?

"There was but he banged the other one before that pretty clean so I decided to give him a shot at it. I will take responsibility for the miss."

Was there a concern during the timeout that you might've iced you own kicker?

"Not at all. It was a clock stoppage. Shaun (Suisham) is a mentally tough guy. I didnít want the play clock to run down. We wanted to have a good, clean discussion about our options. He banged the previous one pretty good. We decided to give him a shot at it."

http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-...source=twitter

Pro Bowler
    I think it's even a sadder bit of commentary that the Steelers needed a 54 yard FG at the end to beat the Tennessee a$$-clowns, playing with their second string QB (vet or not - he is not their starter and would not have played except for injury). This team looked bad last night, real bad. This was just the crap icing on the garbage cupcake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I think it's even a sadder bit of commentary that the Steelers needed a 54 yard FG at the end to beat the Tennessee a$$-clowns, playing with their second string QB (vet or not - he is not their starter and would not have played except for injury). This team looked bad last night, real bad. This was just the crap icing on the garbage cupcake.
    That ^^ . The problem wasn't the kick, or the decision whether to kick or not. It was that we were in this position at all.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    You cant defend that DUMB decision. Tomlin is an idiot. ROONEY RULE.......
    I thought we were finally out of that ballpark. Thanks for bringing the collective intelligence of the board down a few notches.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    That ^^ . The problem wasn't the kick, or the decision whether to kick or not. It was that we were in this position at all.
    It's the NFL and those types of games can happen any week. It doesn't matter if it's the team with the best record in the league vs a team with the worst record in the league.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life View Post
    Another unfortunate play...as the commentators pointed out, the play was there to the right but Batch missed it & took it inside for the loss.
    Another case of inconsistency in play. There have been holes for the RBs, they just are not seeing them every time.