Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If defense wins championships......

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Sushi was fine. Ike needs fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek View Post
    Well injuries are part of the game. Next man up needs to be ready. You can fault the front office for not having better backups, but that is an argument for a different day. The players are out on the field now. Be ready. Allen totally let the team down on that bobbled interception attempt then totally blew his coverage on that slant deep middle to wright.
    When you have a defense that is so optimized that the absence of a couple of players cause it to start to fall apart then maybe the defense is poorly designed.

That is been my contention for years. Our defense as LeBeau wants to play it has become unsustainable because we cannot replace the talent because the "conversions" he requires are too hit or miss. I loved this defense 5-6 years ago but anyone who wanted to see it could see the cracks and holes developing a couple of years ago.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    When you have a defense that is so optimized that the absence of a couple of players cause it to start to fall apart then maybe the defense is poorly designed.

That is been my contention for years. Our defense as LeBeau wants to play it has become unsustainable because we cannot replace the talent because the "conversions" he requires are too hit or miss. I loved this defense 5-6 years ago but anyone who wanted to see it could see the cracks and holes developing a couple of years ago.
    I hear you Oviedo. You've been pretty spot on with those criticisms these last few years.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285