Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sike Taylor

Legend

User Info Menu

Has Ike lost a step? Looks like he's running slower this year...but maybe it's just me.

Backup

User Info Menu

He looked like he lost everything. Including his mind. Hate when fans hang a loss on one guy, but if he plays medicore.....decent...average - they may have won.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Has Ike lost a step? Looks like he's running slower this year...but maybe it's just me.
    Too slow to keep up with the receiver now, so he has to clutch and grab and hold to try to be effective. Time to get the young ones some valuable experience. Imagine the effect on your confidence when you don't play ahead of a guy who can't defend anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't get it, how isn't he on the bench???

The Yankees manager benched his $250 MILLION DOLLAR shortstop (A-Rod) for the FINAL GAME of the Division Championship because he was sucking. And our coaches can't bench Ike? Are there different mindsets in football? Is it some sort of tradition??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    I don't get it, how isn't he on the bench???

The Yankees manager benched his $250 MILLION DOLLAR shortstop (A-Rod) for the FINAL GAME of the Division Championship because he was sucking. And our coaches can't bench Ike? Are there different mindsets in football? Is it some sort of tradition??
    Right on. It's on the coaches now for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike is not overrated. He was one of the best coverage DBs in the NFL at one time. The problem? He has lost a step. He is playing poorly. He might be done.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some of these comments are pathetic. Ike is the best corner the Steelers have on the field. Players have games where they struggle, even have slumps. But that doesn't mean Ike is overrated. He still covers the other teams best WR with little to no help more than half the time. I think the loss of Troy has everything to do with Ike's play. He may be trying too hard because he knows he has no help from the safeties, whereas in the past Troy could cover a lot of ground to help out. I actually like the contesting of routes that Ike plays. The idea that you can't touch a guy isn't football.

Let me ask who you would put in his place to cover a Demaryius Thomas or AJ Green?

If you want to blame someone in the secondary, blame Mundy. How this guy has managed to hide on the Steelers roster for so many years is simply amazing. He is just not very good. With Troy being out more frequently it has become very obvious Mundy is not a guy the Steelers can count on to step up. He was responsible for the blocked punt and the long completion down the middle at the end of the game.
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 10-13-2012 at 09:56 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike is apparently on pace to set his career high for penalties by week 7. The rules make DB play look less like NFL football and more like defending a college basketball pointguard. Maybe Ike needs to practice differently, not use his hands in practice, build different habits.

But he also looks slower than he was, and that is a concern, probably contributes to how he is using his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Some of these comments are pathetic. Ike is the best corner the Steelers have on the field. Players have games where they struggle, even have slumps. But that doesn't mean Ike is overrated. He still covers the other teams best WR with little to no help more than half the time. I think the loss of Troy has everything to do with Ike's play. He may be trying too hard because he knows he has no help from the safeties, whereas in the past Troy could cover a lot of ground to help out. I actually like the contesting of routes that Ike plays. The idea that you can't touch a guy isn't football.

Let me ask who you would put in his place to cover a Demaryius Thomas or AJ Green?

If you want to blame someone in the secondary, blame Mundy. How this guy has managed to hide on the Steelers roster for so many years is simply amazing. He is just not very good. With Troy being out more frequently it has become very obvious Mundy is not a guy the Steelers can count on to step up. He was responsible for the blocked punt and the long completion down the middle at the end of the game.
    If he is still the best, he certainly isn't playing like it.
    Trolls are people too.