Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This upcoming draft is loaded!!

Legend

User Info Menu

too many high picks lately for dline, gotta be looking at fs or ilb.
    is there gonna be an ilb worth the 15th-20th pick?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Good football players but as of right now I dont have them as first round grades. Mid-second rounders.
    Your WAY WAY off about Dion Jordan. Did you have Chandler Jones as a first rounder last year? Many consider Dion Jordan to be a better version of Chandler Jones and he is getting all sorts of love right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

This is "Steeler Draft Talk"...and that is a topic that can be discussed year round. Sorry for putting the gun to your head and forcing you to read it.
    So I'm free to leave? Cool... lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

After going with first rounders on DEs the last few years, and with McClendon and T'amu in place at NT, I really think there is no way they go DL early, if at all. We got to find a replacement for Troy Always-hurt-mu and an upgrade at CB, first and foremost, plus get ILB help. DL won't be a priority compared to those spots.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Your WAY WAY off about Dion Jordan. Did you have Chandler Jones as a first rounder last year? Many consider Dion Jordan to be a better version of Chandler Jones and he is getting all sorts of love right now.
    WalterFootball.com, a very well-respected draft site has Dion Jordan going in the mid 2nd-round at #52 in their latest mock draft that was just updated yesterday:

52. San Diego Chargers: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

The Chargers just spent an early pick on a rush linebacker (Melvin Ingram), so why would they do that again? Well, Shaun Phillips will be a 32-year-old free agent next March, so San Diego will need a complement for Ingram.

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

It will be interesting to see what happens to Bacarri Rambo. I think he is the best pure free safety in this draft. Even ahead of Eric Reid. Problem, is he has had some off field issues. Came up dirty for smoking weed. He had 13 picks in his first 3 years. I like Tony Jefferson the little guy from Oklahoma. He can be used all over the field.
    Don't worry, we draft potheads now. He just has to get in his car and drive to Pittsburgh the week before the draft and tell our people that he has always wanted to be a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Legend

User Info Menu

Where do you think Werner of FSU fits in the NFL? My Bro-in-law is an alum and I watched them a couple of times when he came to visit recently. I believe he is around 6' 4" and very athletic. What do you gurus think? 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    first 3 rounds....Tony Jefferson, Shayne Skov, Bacarri Rambo....Strong Safety....3-4 ILB....Free Safety....
    I love all three of those players..but I dont think Tony Jefferson is a first round pick. Mid to late second rounder. Last year at this time before Skov got hurt I was advocating the Steelers getting him. ILB in a 3-4.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Where do you think Werner of FSU fits in the NFL? My Bro-in-law is an alum and I watched them a couple of times when he came to visit recently. I believe he is around 6' 4" and very athletic. What do you gurus think? 3-4 OLB, 4-3 DE, 3-4 DE?
    I think he can play both but since he's playing DE in a 4-3 I thank that would pay off a lot sooner in the NFL. If I'm not mistaken I dont think he has played a lot of football. So he is still learning.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    I could be wrong. There is a premium put on pass rushers and he could shoot up the boards. Every draft publication I've seen has him rated mid second round. I just dont think he is in the class of those I have listed at this time.