Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This upcoming draft is loaded!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    too many high picks lately for dline, gotta be looking at fs or ilb.
    is there gonna be an ilb worth the 15th-20th pick?
    It's early but T'eo could be there mid first round. I have a feeling that because of Alec Olgetree's athleticism he is going to push T'eo for the top ILB spot. He will put up some impressive numbers in his work out. If T'eo goes 1 and and Olgetree goes 2 I think it could benefit the Steelers in that they could move back and get Kevin Minter who I feel is a better fit next to Timmons than Ogletree is.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

if we get one of those guys, hopefully they'll be able to start in the defense by 2015

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    WalterFootball.com, a very well-respected draft site has Dion Jordan going in the mid 2nd-round at #52 in their latest mock draft that was just updated yesterday:

52. San Diego Chargers: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon

The Chargers just spent an early pick on a rush linebacker (Melvin Ingram), so why would they do that again? Well, Shaun Phillips will be a 32-year-old free agent next March, so San Diego will need a complement for Ingram.

[URL]http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_2.php[/URL]
    Yeah, and how many of them had Melvin Ingram going in the first round? We will see, but Dion Jordan is going to be a first round pick in this draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I could be wrong. There is a premium put on pass rushers and he could shoot up the boards. Every draft publication I've seen has him rated mid second round. I just dont think he is in the class of those I have listed at this time.
    And all of these ratings were based on last years play. He is tearing it up this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yeah, and how many of them had Melvin Ingram going in the first round? We will see, but Dion Jordan is going to be a first round pick in this draft.
    I had Melvin Ingram going in the first round since he was a premier pass rusher but I'll admit that i never thought Chandler Jones was going to go in the first round.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I had Melvin Ingram going in the first round since he was a premier pass rusher but I'll admit that i never thought Chandler Jones was going to go in the first round.
    Yeah I dont know what Rob is talking about. A lot of people had Ingram in the first round. I think he means Bruce Irvin who has actually turned out to be a solid pass rusher for Seattle. Everyone was questioning Pete Carroll for that pick but he is getting the last laugh so far.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's early but T'eo could be there mid first round. I have a feeling that because of Alec Olgetree's athleticism he is going to push T'eo for the top ILB spot. He will put up some impressive numbers in his work out. If T'eo goes 1 and and Olgetree goes 2 I think it could benefit the Steelers in that they could move back and get Kevin Minter who I feel is a better fit next to Timmons than Ogletree is.
    T'eo is a football player. IMHO, he is a better prospect than Keuchly (who went 9th I believe). If we could get that value in the first, I'd be thrilled.

Ogletree, Jones, and Rambo all looked like dog meat against S Carolina. John Jenkins was about the only defensive player playing with passion. I don't know why, but defensive players from this Georgia team scare me.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    T'eo is a football player. IMHO, he is a better prospect than Keuchly (who went 9th I believe). If we could get that value in the first, I'd be thrilled.

Ogletree, Jones, and Rambo all looked like dog meat against S Carolina. John Jenkins was about the only defensive player playing with passion. I don't know why, but defensive players from this Georgia team scare me.
    I agree about T'eo, but the difference this year from last year IMO is that there are a lot more better plays ahead of T'eo this year than there was last year ahead of Keuchly. Thus I think he may be available mid 1st round.

And I think Ogletree played well versus So. Carolina Saturday. Keep in mind that he and Rambo were playing in only their 2nd game of the year due to their suspensions. But overall the Dawgs didnt do well on defense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah I dont know what Rob is talking about. A lot of people had Ingram in the first round. I think he means Bruce Irvin who has actually turned out to be a solid pass rusher for Seattle. Everyone was questioning Pete Carroll for that pick but he is getting the last laugh so far.
    yeah, 4.5 sacks after 5 games for a rookie isn't too shabby...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Naw, Ingram wasn't considered a first round lock in October Last year by a lot of people and it wasn't even considered a lock until he tore up the Senior Bowl. And there is no comparison with Dion Jordan and Bruce Irving. Just wait, you guys will be late to the bandwagon. 6-5, 250 lbs of a cat quick pass rusher.