Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say hello to 1999...again

Also, do you know who the D coordinator was in 1999?

Hint: Not Dick LeBeau

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Huh? I think we have made some decent moves to shore up the D. DL just needs to trust these young guys and turn them loose.
    Who? Sylvester, Worilds, Carter? Who are the young guys worth anything that are not currently getting PT?
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Huh? I think we have made some decent moves to shore up the D. DL just needs to trust these young guys and turn them loose.
    How else will we know how good our youth is if we only see them for 2 or 3 plays a game. Practice can only show coaches so much. I would like to see Sly subbed in for Foote so we can see him get some real PT. With Woodley out I think we will really get a good look at Worlids. I think we draft Safety and possibly a stud ILB (depending on if Sly comes around) in the first 2 rounds this year.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Any chance Tomlin's draft choices have been made with an eye toward shifting to a 4-3 once DL retires, which should hopefully be after this season? Would Hood, Heyward, McLendon, Ta'amu be better suited as 4-3 DL? Would Timmons, Worilds, Spence, Woodley, Sylvester be better suited for the 4-3?

Not trying to say this is the case....just asking if it could be the case and some of those players would have a better showing in the 4-3 with the responsibilities of the 4-3 vs. the 3-4.