Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Next month of season is critical for Steelers season

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    Next month of season is critical for Steelers season

    The next month is really critical for the Steelers season. The Ravens have some tough losable games coming up. The Ravens have the following teams I can see them losing to in the next month or so:

    Cowboys
    Texans
    Steelers
    Chargers

    I could see the Ravens going 2-2 or 3-1 over the next 5 games. In addition to these teams, I see them potentially losing games with these teams going forward beyond this:

    Steelers
    Broncos
    Giants

    I see the Raven's being a 12-4 or 11-5 team again this year. It's going to be tough sledding to win the Division.

    It is critical that the Steelers go 4-0 to keep up with the Ravens for the Division title.
    Last edited by BigRob; 10-09-2012 at 02:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Ravens barely beat KC. I know that isn't meaningful in itself, but the collective shows they are beatable. I see them going 2-2 the next 4 and 11-5 over all. But they do display one thing a winner does: the ability to win even when they are struggling vs. an inferior team. We had those games all the time during our SB winning seasons. The ability to win those games shows you have what it takes. You don't always win in a blow out.

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Ravens barely beat KC. I know that isn't meaningful in itself, but the collective shows they are beatable. I see them going 2-2 the next 4 and 11-5 over all. But they do display one thing a winner does: the ability to win even when they are struggling vs. an inferior team. We had those games all the time during our SB winning seasons. The ability to win those games shows you have what it takes. You don't always win in a blow out.
    They also lost to Seattle and Jacksonville last year while going 12-4 and being one play away from making the Superbowl. This is just postulating on my part. Any given Sunday.

  4. #4
    Every game is critical and the Steelers need to treat every game as such...

    If the Steelers can successfully take care of their own business, then what the Ravens do is irrelevant...

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Every game is critical and the Steelers need to treat every game as such...

    If the Steelers can successfully take care of their own business, then what the Ravens do is irrelevant...
    Partially true. Being down to the Ravens by one game is not huge, being down 2 or 3 games takes the control away from the Steelers. Hence why this next stretch of games is so critical to the season. The Ravens have tough games against 4 opponents over the next 5 weeks.

  6. #6
    The Steelers are already down 2 1/2 to the Ravens...

    I think that the margin of error is already whittling away to nothing...

  7. #7
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,837
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    The next month is really critical for the Steelers season. The Ravens have some tough losable games coming up. The Ravens have the following teams I can see them losing to in the next month or so:

    Cowboys
    Texans
    Steelers
    Chargers

    I could see the Ravens going 2-2 or 3-1 over the next 5 games. In addition to these teams, I see them potentially losing games with these teams going forward beyond this:

    Steelers
    Broncos
    Giants

    I see the Raven's being a 12-4 or 11-5 team again this year. It's going to be tough sledding to win the Division.

    It is critical that the Steelers go 4-0 to keep up with the Ravens for the Division title.
    I think the reality is that both the Steelers and the Ravens are 10-6 or 11-5 teams based on injuries, etc. The decidimng factor on who tops out in the Division at the end of the year will be head to head and what we do with regards to the Browns and Bumgals. We CANNOT allow the Ravens to beat us twice again.

    Even if the the Ravens have tough games, we do too. If we play defense like we did gainst the Eagles and ramp up the offense we will be OK. if we play "scared" defense give the Division to the Ravens because they won't.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #8
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers are already down 2 1/2 to the Ravens...

    I think that the margin of error is already whittling away to nothing...
    Actually, we are 1.5 games behind the Ravens (they are 4-1, we are 2-2). If we win on Thursday night against the Titans, we will tie Cincy at 3-2 and be 1 game behind Baltimore.

  9. #9
    every year I read here that the ravens are taking a step back, yet it never happens.

    their roster looks pretty damn good to me from top to bottom.

  10. #10
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    781
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    every year I read here that the ravens are taking a step back, yet it never happens.

    their roster looks pretty damn good to me from top to bottom.
    And for how many years have the analysts picked them to get a ring, yet it never happens.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •