Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Even as a Steeler fan....

Pro Bowler

Even as a Steeler fan....

....that game was unwatchable. I mean, it really was. Flags every play. Poor execution. Other than seeing Timmons go into beast mode, and the fact that Pgh won, that was just awful football/refereeing.

I'm sorry; the NFL better get it's crap together, because the product really is stinking up the joint. I have the NFL ticket, and I STILL can barely find a game that isn't on commercial or delayed with flags. It's just unwatchable. And if this continues, I may find other things to do come Sunday, like go to the beach or wash my cars. Anything seems like a better way to spend time than what I saw yesterday. It was so bad, that even the win didn't feel that good. For the first time in my memory, I didn't care if I watched other games, missing some of the Steeler game. I would have never felt that way previous until yesterday. Something is flat out wrong.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 10-08-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Legend
    The biggest problem is holding calls. Guards get call for everything and Tackles can have Harrison in a headlock and get called for nothing.

The hits to the head just won't go away because of litigation issues. As much as the players don't want it they are going to have to start to "go low"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    The biggest problem is holding calls. Guards get call for everything and Tackles can have Harrison in a headlock and get called for nothing.

The hits to the head just won't go away because of litigation issues. As much as the players don't want it they are going to have to start to "go low"
    The thing with the inconsistency on ticky tack holding calls while OTs can put Harrison in a headlock EVERY PLAY, drives me nuts. That is such major poop.
    Last edited by lloydroid; 10-08-2012 at 11:10 AM.

Not to mention the constant holding by the Eagles' DBs on our WRs...they called it on Ike, but when the Eagles did it, it was invisible...

Legend
    I didn't go quite this far, but I was thinking these games are becoming harder to watch. Reviewing every score. Reviewing every turnover.

Heck, I wouldn't mind at this point if instant replay went away completely. Let's stop reviewing everything. Even when we do review the refs get it wrong a lot. Let's just let the guy on the field make the call. Move on and complain about that guy the next day. Like we used to.

And let the players play. Let em all get away with stuff. And if anyone jumps up complaining for a call, throw em out of the game. Anyone that celebrates a first down, throw em out. Anything that drives us all nuts, send the player or the coach to the locker room. Heck tie the broadcast into Twitter and let fans decide. 10 seconds to implement the douche rule. Give the fans 10 seconds to give a yes/no on whether to eject a guy from a game for being a douche.

Do a dance, take a shower.

Don't hand the ball to the ref, take a shower.

Pull of Antonio Brown's shoe and throw it off the field, take a shower.

Let's turn this back into football. How bad is it when a guy like Mundy makes a good hit on a guy and then you see him nervously awaiting a fine. That look on Mundy's face is the perfect poster for why football is dead as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Not to mention the constant holding by the Eagles' DBs on our WRs...they called it on Ike, but when the Eagles did it, it was invisible...
    Ike must lead the league in bullsh!t holding and PI calls. He was called for PI against the Jets when he was not even close to the receiver. How bad is that? It is like he became a substitute goat while JH was on the sidelines...."lets just call #24 on every play instead...."

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I didn't go quite this far, but I was thinking these games are becoming harder to watch. Reviewing every score. Reviewing every turnover.

Heck, I wouldn't mind at this point if instant replay went away completely. Let's stop reviewing everything. Even when we do review the refs get it wrong a lot. Let's just let the guy on the field make the call. Move on and complain about that guy the next day. Like we used to.

And let the players play. Let em all get away with stuff. And if anyone jumps up complaining for a call, throw em out of the game. Anyone that celebrates a first down, throw em out. Anything that drives us all nuts, send the player or the coach to the locker room. Heck tie the broadcast into Twitter and let fans decide. 10 seconds to implement the douche rule. Give the fans 10 seconds to give a yes/no on whether to eject a guy from a game for being a douche.

Do a dance, take a shower.

Don't hand the ball to the ref, take a shower.

Pull of Antonio Brown's shoe and throw it off the field, take a shower.

Let's turn this back into football. How bad is it when a guy like Mundy makes a good hit on a guy and then you see him nervously awaiting a fine. That look on Mundy's face is the perfect poster for why football is dead as we know it.
    Totally agree on all, including the look on Mundy's face indicating what crap this game has turned into. I am a guy who wears Steeler gear, almost year round. And yet, if we keep going down this path, I will give it up. They are turning football into a game where any hard hit is illegal. Take away the hits, and it's not the same game I fell in love with.

Did anyone catch the center for KC going off about the fans cheering when Cassel went down? That was good stuff. He was right. He was super ticked off. I know that is a non sequitur - sorry.

Legend
    The flags on Mindy and Clark were horrible... sometimes it feels like these calls wouldn't be made if the game was closer. it had a "lets make this interesting" feel to it.

Pro Bowler
    The flow of the game was atrocious yesterday. 14 penalties is absurd - 2 for intentionally running out of bounds on punts (WTF?). I can personally say that I don't watch the NFL outside of the Steelers anymore. Maybe it's on in the background but last Sunday afternoon I was out and about all day with Pgh off. Probably won't watch much this Sunday either. It's not fun, the rules are not evenly enforced (did the refs have $$ on how many times they could ignore Eagles PI), and 1:00 games lasting until 4:40 - it's death by over analyzing. Just horrid!

But college ball is fantastic. I've watched about 8 hours worth almost every week. Game after game, it's fun. Mid-week I'm checking CNN to see the college schedule so I can plan accordingly to catch the big games.

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The flags on Mindy and Clark were horrible... sometimes it feels like these calls wouldn't be made if the game was closer. it had a "lets make this interesting" feel to it.
    Not only that, but the team who had less $ bet towards it, covered the spread. No one can convince me that gambling doesn't heavily influence these games. No way. Any one else remember the game vs. SD 2 years ago, where Troy obviously picked up a fumble and ran it if for a TD, which would have made Pgh cover the line? For NO REASON, the refs said no TD, and that the game was over. They said it was a multi-million (9?) dollar difference JUST with the known bets in Vegas, not to mention what the swing caused in $ to the bookies nation-wide. Troy grabbed a lose ball, ran it into the endzone, and, without explanation, the refs simply said, no TD, game over. That was so blatant. Shame on the NFL for being so corrupt.