Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: David Paulson > Leonard Pope???

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't kill Sid's two TE sets on Madden. That would be tragic.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I remember hearing that the coaching staff was very high on Paulson in the preseason. If the Steelers keep Saunders (don't think it's outside the realm of possibilities that he gets cut) I think Pope is gone.

Pope was probably brought in because he was familiar with Haley, but the Steelers aren't going to play Paulson ahead of him game with pretty high stakes if he isn't the better player.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I disagree fezz.

I think paulson has looked pretty good and could develop into something down the road.

pope adds nothing to this roster.
    Looks good? What has he done that "looks good"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Looks good? What has he done that "looks good"
    Compared to Pope?

He has as many catches (1) for more yards (8 vs 7) and plays special teams...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd rather see them hang onto Paulson personally. He needs to add a little weight and power, but he definitely has nice hands. He has some upside and I think Pope has seen his best days, which were never that grand.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Compared to Pope?

He has as many catches (1) for more yards (8 vs 7) and plays special teams...
    wow, Paulson and Pope have combined for 2 catches for 15 yards for the season?

Mike Wallace equalled that total last game alone...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

I will be dissapointed if they risk losing Paulson in favor of Pope.

The future(potentially) at TE may already be on the roster. And both Saunders and Paulson are pups-23 yrs old.

Getting to watch Miller for the next few years will help these boys be ready when their name is called.

Just makes sense. My two, anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Don't kill Sid's two TE sets on Madden. That would be tragic.

Gotta say that for once, Madden is playing close to reality- Chadman can't generate any running game with the Steelers & sure as Hell can't stop the opposition's passing game.

Kudos game designers.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

October 9, 2012
    By Ed Bouchette / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Roster decision

The Steelers roster exemption for returning tight end Weslye Saunders expires at 4 p.m. Friday, Tomlin said, and it did not sound as if rookie tight end David Paulson would be the one to go.

"I think the big thing is he's proven that it's not too big for him," Tomlin said. "He's an attention-to-detail guy. He works hard. He's been a productive player for us in special teams and that's not something that we underscore when you're talking about an offensive guy from the tight end position. He's been a multiple special teams phase participant."

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-pentalties-on-tomlins-list-of-corrective-measures-656768/#ixzz28qZioiIa[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 8467thekraken View Post
    I will be dissapointed if they risk losing Paulson in favor of Pope.

The future(potentially) at TE may already be on the roster. And both Saunders and Paulson are pups-23 yrs old.

Getting to watch Miller for the next few years will help these boys be ready when their name is called.

Just makes sense. My two, anyway.
    Paulson would not last 1 second on the PS. He is 100% on passes targeted. And, it was an important one, coming on TS final drive.

Unfortunately, I can never seem to notice the blocking type of stuff but if he contributed anything at all to that phase of the game he is a lock.

Can anyone who sees this type of stuff fill us in?