Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallace or Mendy & Sanders?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I can save us 5 million or so right now.

cut the human penalty masquerading as an nfl LG.

that probably keeps mendenhall and sanders right there.
    Colon has about 12 more games to prove he can play Guard or he should hit the road in the off season and we can draft another rookie to play Guard.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

FWIW we are asking this question one day after Wallace had an unusually terrible game and we are on the high from a more productive than usual Mendenhall.

after playing all of one game Mendenhall is now our leading rusher for the season...

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Colon has about 12 more games to prove he can play Guard or he should hit the road in the off season and we can draft another rookie to play Guard.
    fine by me.

colon was a bum at RT, not sure why anyone thought it would be different at G.

How about we use Colon's money to sign the next Will Wolford.
    Then use Mike Wallace's money to resign Mendenhall (who is only 24) and Sanders. Draft a speed guy!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW we are asking this question one day after Wallace had an unusually terrible game and we are on the high from a more productive than usual Mendenhall.
    The reason why Mendehall hasn't been productive is because he's been injured. When he plays, yesterday was a normal performance.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Mendy and Sanders no questions asked. I saw Brown beat Asomugha deep yesterday (couldn't hang on) so no one can convince me we won't have a deep threat is Wallace leaves.

Save some of the money from not signing Wallace to sign a replacement Free Agent Strong Safety because Troy is pretty much done. I unfortunately think he is near assuming the Duce Staley role on the team in sweats.
    RB & 3rd WRs are a dime a dozen. Determining fair market value is key here. If we could sign Wallace for borderline #1/2 WR that he is, and sign Mendenhall for "good RB" value along with Sanders for "good 3rd WR" value--I'd take Wallace EASILY. Deep WRs don't grow on trees.

But I doubt we could get Wallace at that price.

Fortunately, that's not the place we're in so I don't worry about it. The season will tell the tale and we're only less than half way through.

Just for the money alone, let Wallace go. If letting Wallace go means we get to keep Sanders and Mendy then even easier to make the call. I like Sanders and I think with him and Brown along with Cotchery that, will be more than enough. If I'm not mistaken I believe we have a couple of young receivers that seem, they could add very well to this team. Ahhh, Mendy is who I thought he was. I don't know how so many were against Mendenhall these past years when you knew he had no offensive line. I knew the guy was good and he proved it again. I would like to keep Mendenhall but I still wouldn't break the bank for him. IMHO runningbacks just don't rate the big dollars as they used to be. Still important to have a guy like Mendy but, I doubt any team is stupid enough to out bid the Steelers for Mendy and I hope Mendy realizes he will have a better career here at the burgh.

While I love MW on our team I don't know how he can continue to compare himself to the elite receivers in the league after Sunday's game. I can't picture Fitz not catching all of those throws he let hit the ground. Granted they weren't easy catches but if you want to be elite you have to pull those in.

P.S. Sad to see AB do his best Nate Washington impression.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>