Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next month of season is critical for Steelers season

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Next month of season is critical for Steelers season

The next month is really critical for the Steelers season. The Ravens have some tough losable games coming up. The Ravens have the following teams I can see them losing to in the next month or so:

Cowboys
    Texans
    Steelers
    Chargers

I could see the Ravens going 2-2 or 3-1 over the next 5 games. In addition to these teams, I see them potentially losing games with these teams going forward beyond this:

Steelers
    Broncos
    Giants

I see the Raven's being a 12-4 or 11-5 team again this year. It's going to be tough sledding to win the Division.

It is critical that the Steelers go 4-0 to keep up with the Ravens for the Division title.
    Last edited by BigRob; 10-09-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ravens barely beat KC. I know that isn't meaningful in itself, but the collective shows they are beatable. I see them going 2-2 the next 4 and 11-5 over all. But they do display one thing a winner does: the ability to win even when they are struggling vs. an inferior team. We had those games all the time during our SB winning seasons. The ability to win those games shows you have what it takes. You don't always win in a blow out.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Ravens barely beat KC. I know that isn't meaningful in itself, but the collective shows they are beatable. I see them going 2-2 the next 4 and 11-5 over all. But they do display one thing a winner does: the ability to win even when they are struggling vs. an inferior team. We had those games all the time during our SB winning seasons. The ability to win those games shows you have what it takes. You don't always win in a blow out.
    They also lost to Seattle and Jacksonville last year while going 12-4 and being one play away from making the Superbowl. This is just postulating on my part. Any given Sunday.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Every game is critical and the Steelers need to treat every game as such...

If the Steelers can successfully take care of their own business, then what the Ravens do is irrelevant...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Every game is critical and the Steelers need to treat every game as such...

If the Steelers can successfully take care of their own business, then what the Ravens do is irrelevant...
    Partially true. Being down to the Ravens by one game is not huge, being down 2 or 3 games takes the control away from the Steelers. Hence why this next stretch of games is so critical to the season. The Ravens have tough games against 4 opponents over the next 5 weeks.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The Steelers are already down 2 1/2 to the Ravens...

I think that the margin of error is already whittling away to nothing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    The next month is really critical for the Steelers season. The Ravens have some tough losable games coming up. The Ravens have the following teams I can see them losing to in the next month or so:

Cowboys
    Texans
    Steelers
    Chargers

I could see the Ravens going 2-2 or 3-1 over the next 5 games. In addition to these teams, I see them potentially losing games with these teams going forward beyond this:

Steelers
    Broncos
    Giants

I see the Raven's being a 12-4 or 11-5 team again this year. It's going to be tough sledding to win the Division.

It is critical that the Steelers go 4-0 to keep up with the Ravens for the Division title.
    I think the reality is that both the Steelers and the Ravens are 10-6 or 11-5 teams based on injuries, etc. The decidimng factor on who tops out in the Division at the end of the year will be head to head and what we do with regards to the Browns and Bumgals. We CANNOT allow the Ravens to beat us twice again.

Even if the the Ravens have tough games, we do too. If we play defense like we did gainst the Eagles and ramp up the offense we will be OK. if we play "scared" defense give the Division to the Ravens because they won't.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Steelers are already down 2 1/2 to the Ravens...

I think that the margin of error is already whittling away to nothing...
    Actually, we are 1.5 games behind the Ravens (they are 4-1, we are 2-2). If we win on Thursday night against the Titans, we will tie Cincy at 3-2 and be 1 game behind Baltimore.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

every year I read here that the ravens are taking a step back, yet it never happens.

their roster looks pretty damn good to me from top to bottom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    every year I read here that the ravens are taking a step back, yet it never happens.

their roster looks pretty damn good to me from top to bottom.
    And for how many years have the analysts picked them to get a ring, yet it never happens.