Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time to move on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NW Steeler View Post
    Gildon V2.
    He wishes he was Gildon V2. Gildon has the all-time sack record for the franchise. I am going to make a bold prediction and say Worilds won't ever reach half that production in his career.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    don't exaggerate, it only takes 8 years...
    In today's game, you need production from younger players; you don't have 3 years to wait. The only time Pgh gets production from young guys is when they are FORCED into it (ala Ben). I know you are kidding but the trend ticks me off.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love all this crap some of you folks like to throw around about players sitting on the bench and learning. You are the same folks who would call for the youngsters head after 2 games if they hadn't played like superstars. You'd be calling them a bust and complaining about the bad picks Tomlin and Cobert are making. You need to get some patience.

I'm sorry but our defensive scheme requires our players to perform specific tasks for it to work. Younger players are known for making mistakes. Isn't this what Foote just said about the system? That you have to trust it.

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Just for the record, who are the young players on defense that are being held back right now?

In the secondary, Keenan Lewis is starting, Cortez Allen is on the field for at least half the defensive snaps as the nickle corner, and Mundy has been in the lineup at FS or SS for 15 out of the 16 quarters so far this season (either Troy or Clark has been out for all but the first quarter against the Eagles). Curtis Brown and DeMarcus Van Dyke are contributing on special teams.

At linebacker, Chris Carter and Jason Worilds have had to fill in at OLB for 15 out of the 16 quarters so far this season (either Harrison or Woodley has been out for all but the first quarter against the Eagles). Sylvester finally saw his first action of the year this weekend following an injury, and Spence is already on I.R. for the season.

On the d-line, Hood is a starter, McLendon is rotating in with Hampton, and Heyward is rotating in with Keisel. The only young player on our roster not getting any playing time whatsoever is Alameda Ta-Amu, who has been a healthy scratch in every game so far.

Seems to me that it has been an "all hands on deck" mentality, with even the young guys contributing, not being held back on the sidelines.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

posted by Dale Lolley

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 09, 2012

@ On the subject of Polamalu, it's ridiculous that some are ready to jettison one of the team's greatest players.

"He's too injury-prone, blah, blah, blah," the critics say.

I pretty much tune them out when they start that garbage.

Last I checked, Polamalu played all 16 games in 2011. He played 14 games in 2010, when he won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award.

Yes, he missed 11 games in 2009, but really, that was the exception, not the norm.

This is a player who is as special as any man who has ever put on a uniform, not just for the Steelers, but for any team.

He'll go out on his own terms. And he will be back this season and will again be a difference maker.

In fact, many of the same bozos saying this is the end for Polamalu were probably the same people saying the Steelers should release Mendenhall.

Polamalu's all-out style of play is going to lead to an injury here or there. But he's still one of the biggest difference makers in the league.

[URL]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha