Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to move on.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Time to move on.

I couldn't believe Clark admitted that when Troy gets hurt, the entire mental state of the defense is in shambles. If this is the case, then it's time to move on. Plus, what is Troy scheduled to make next year? If
    he can't stay healthy, then don't drag the entire future of the team down. I am so sick of it. Look at McClendon as an example: Not high profile at all. He was an undrafted free agent out of Troy, for cripes sake. And yet, as we see, when you allow players to develop - and don't just hold on to vets playing time for too long - you will replenish the players. But you don't do that when holding on too long to over 30 vets who can't stay healthy; you have to move on. McClendon is obvious much more of a force than Hampton; but we would never know that if they endlessly held onto just playing CH. Time to move on from TP. Time to move to replace Foote. Time to shake the trees and find better CBs than we have. I am not saying so much this season, but certainly after it. Also, Worild showed he might be worth getting on the field more. I am just so sick of the "Steeler way" of not letting young players on the field and seeing what they can do. DL is so over the top with his "vets play only" BS. It's holding the team's development back, big time. Look at all the $ and time wasted on Aaron Smith, for cripe's sake. That is an example of futility. Get disciplined or get lost. Or should we see if we can add Kirkland, Chad Scott, Steed, Gildon, etc. to the roster while we are at it?

Fact is, Clark admitted when Troy gets hurt, the mindset of the D gets depressed. That's great. Let's get more of that going.

Legend

User Info Menu

That was code for no one trusts Mundy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Right. Get rid of a player that can still play well and commands the respect of the offense because the rest of the defense feels the absence of a DPOY and an all-time great...

Legend

User Info Menu

Polamalu ruled out for Titans game

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Monday, October 8, 2012

Troy Polamalu will miss the Steelers’ quick turnaround game Thursday at Tennessee after aggravating the right calf injury that kept him out of two of the team’s first three games.

Polamalu was one of three injured Steelers to return for the 16-14 win Sunday over Philadelphia, but he lasted less than a quarter before reinjuring the calf while driving Eagles receiver Jason Avant out of bounds. Polamalu first injured the calf last season and then reinjured it in the season-opening game in Denver. Running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) and linebacker James Harrison (knee) played the full game, the first time they have played this season.

“We will evaluate him when we get back from Tennessee,” coach Mike Tomlin said.

Tomlin said outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley’s hamstring injury is not as severe as Polamalu’s, but he is unlikely to play Thursday. Tomlin would not rule Woodley out but, with only three full days between games, it is uncommon for players to return so quickly with such an injury for a Thursday game.

This is the first season the NFL has played a Thursday game during nearly every week of the season. In recent seasons, the Thursday night schedule didn’t begin until midseason and did not involve every team. All 32 NFL teams are playing in a Thursday game or the equivalent this season.

The Steelers (2-2) have played at least one Thursday night game every season since 2006, going 7-1 with the only loss coming at Cleveland in 2009. They are 8-5 overall in Thursday night games dating to 1980.

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/2738139-85/game-thursday-season-polamalu-played-calf-games-injury-steelers-tomlin#ixzz28jB3sog3[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Right. Get rid of a player that can still play well and commands the respect of the offense because the rest of the defense feels the absence of a DPOY and an all-time great...
    I don't know a single player who "plays well and commands respect" from the bench. And Clark came out and admitted than when TP goes down, it negatively effects the D's mental state. I'd rather have them just not have the possibility (likelihood) of the D's mentality sinking when TP limps off the field. By the way, I never said to get him off team in midseason, but if this continues, I see no reason to bring him back, other than likely disappointment and a giant waste of cap space. Let's not forgot: This is the same calf injury that he had LAST YEAR. So after all these months, he's still not recovered? Mendy blew an ACL and he is already back in form. Dear God, what the poo poo is wrong with you, Polamalu?

I'd rather take my chances with a young, aggressive team, who has some chance to staying healthy, then hanging on to once-great retreads. That is _NOT_ the formula for success in the NFL. They need to go back to the formula where you RARELY sign a player to a new deal when they are in their 30s. This is not sustainable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah lets cut him so we don't have to put Ryan Clark on Anti-Depresant Meds!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm sure if you asked the offensive line how they'd feel if Ben got hurt and was out you'd get a similar response. Well, they may not come out and say it, but I'm sure they'd be thinking it. Troy is to the defense, what Ben is to the offense. I'm sure you'd get a similar response if you asked Rats players on how big of an impact it would be to lose Ray Lewis. Some players are more instrumental to their teams than others.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    I'm sure if you asked the offensive line how they'd feel if Ben got hurt and was out you'd get a similar response. Well, they may not come out and say it, but I'm sure they'd be thinking it. Troy is to the defense, what Ben is to the offense. I'm sure you'd get a similar response if you asked Rats players on how big of an impact it would be to lose Ray Lewis. Some players are more instrumental to their teams than others.
    Only things that's wrong with your comparisons is that Ben, Lewis, etc. don't miss endless games. Troy is a China doll at this point, and putting your hopes on him playing puts the team in position for a bummed out mindset. Might as well just move on and find our next wave of players who can contribute, such as McClendon has provided at NT. I am sick of the "Steeler way" with making players sit forever, while old dudes do nothing but get hurt again, or stink.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Major over-reaction here. Troy played in all 16 games last year. When healthy he is a game changer and one of the best players in the game. But you want to cut him? Wow!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    That was code for no one trusts Mundy.
    I'd rather play with ten on defense than have Mundy out there. (I'm only partially kidding)