Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

...and as I said in another thread I don't think it is a coincidence or a fluke since LeBeau actual used him to his strength (blitzing-getting after the QB). And I'l make a bold statement here that some may laugh at, but if he is used like this on a regular basis, it may be in the teams best interests to build this defense (and play calling), around him. Especially since Polamalu cant stay healthy. Get a legit run-stuffer next to Timmons and then turn him loose to do what he does best. Move him around and create match-up/accountability problems for the opposing offenses.

Oh and how good would LSU ILB Kevin Minter or even (a long shot), Notre Dame's Manti Te'o look next to Timmons?!!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol.

one game bro.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Unleash Hell? Just unleash Timmons. He was a disruptive beast today.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Unleash Hell? Just unleash Timmons. He was a disruptive beast today.
    Yeah it is interesting to see how he plays when he is actually used to his strength.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah it is interesting to see how he plays when he is actually used to his strength.
    wow, what a concept!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

The whole defense look refreshed. We had more pressure this week than we've had all season.

Timmons looked like the best defender in the NFL in the first half.

And this defense was doing it mostly without Troy or Woodley for most of the game.

Is Philly's OLine that bad? Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?

Harrison and Worldis make a good duo. I also noticed a lot of McClendon this week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The whole defense look refreshed. We had more pressure this week than we've had all season.

Timmons looked like the best defender in the NFL in the first half.

And this defense was doing it mostly without Troy or Woodley for most of the game.

Is Philly's OLine that bad? Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?

Harrison and Worldis make a good duo. I also noticed a lot of Mclendon this week.

nice sacks by Worilds, Ziggy and McLendon today!
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    ...and as I said in another thread I don't think it is a coincidence or a fluke since LeBeau actual used him to his strength (blitzing-getting after the QB). And I'l make a bold statement here that some may laugh at, but if he is used like this on a regular basis, it may be in the teams best interests to build this defense (and play calling), around him. Especially since Polamalu cant stay healthy. Get a legit run-stuffer next to Timmons and then turn him loose to do what he does best. Move him around and create match-up/accountability problems for the opposing offenses.

Oh and how good would LSU ILB Kevin Minter or even (a long shot), Notre Dame's Manti Te'o look next to Timmons?!!!
    It's not the players. Use them right and don't put them into a template defense and they will excel. You design the defense around the players not force the players into the defense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It's not the players. Use them right and don't put them into a template defense and they will excel. You design the defense around the players not force the players into the defense.
    Agreed! If Troy is going to be hurt as often as he has it's time to turn Timmons loose. Move him around and ask him to come forward more than you have asked him to back peddle.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you guys crack me up.

timmons plays a great half and you want to design the defense around him.

good luck with that.