Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 74

Thread: Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573

    Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

    ...and as I said in another thread I don't think it is a coincidence or a fluke since LeBeau actual used him to his strength (blitzing-getting after the QB). And I'l make a bold statement here that some may laugh at, but if he is used like this on a regular basis, it may be in the teams best interests to build this defense (and play calling), around him. Especially since Polamalu cant stay healthy. Get a legit run-stuffer next to Timmons and then turn him loose to do what he does best. Move him around and create match-up/accountability problems for the opposing offenses.

    Oh and how good would LSU ILB Kevin Minter or even (a long shot), Notre Dame's Manti Te'o look next to Timmons?!!!
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  2. #2
    lol.

    one game bro.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

    one game bro.
    Don't let an outstanding performance get in the way of your "agenda"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't let an outstanding performance get in the way of your "agenda"
    you said it. One outstanding performance.

    lets see timmons do it for 4 or 5 games in a row before showering him with praise and designing the defense around him.

    but timmons has always been one of your boys, so I expect nothing less from you and the constant stream of excuses when he doesn't play well. Like the 1st three games this year.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,195
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you said it. One outstanding performance.

    lets see timmons do it for 4 or 5 games in a row before showering him with praise and designing the defense around him.

    but timmons has always been one of your boys, so I expect nothing less from you and the constant stream of excuses when he doesn't play well. Like the 1st three games this year.
    Sounds to me like you have an "agenda" wrt Timmons. You accuse everyone else of having agenda's, are you really Oliver Stone?

    Yes, I have always liked Timmons and I have always believed that if Timmons is used like he was yesterday he will be a star. When he is just wasted as a runstuffer that is not playing to his strengths but simply forcing him into the template. It is not what he does best. Letting him run free and use his athleticism is what is best for him. Putting restraints on him is a stupid call by the DC.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer DukieBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,087
    Unleash Hell? Just unleash Timmons. He was a disruptive beast today.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Unleash Hell? Just unleash Timmons. He was a disruptive beast today.
    Yeah it is interesting to see how he plays when he is actually used to his strength.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

  8. #8
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah it is interesting to see how he plays when he is actually used to his strength.
    wow, what a concept!

  9. #9
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,368
    The whole defense look refreshed. We had more pressure this week than we've had all season.

    Timmons looked like the best defender in the NFL in the first half.

    And this defense was doing it mostly without Troy or Woodley for most of the game.

    Is Philly's OLine that bad? Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?

    Harrison and Worldis make a good duo. I also noticed a lot of McClendon this week.

  10. #10
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,809
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The whole defense look refreshed. We had more pressure this week than we've had all season.

    Timmons looked like the best defender in the NFL in the first half.

    And this defense was doing it mostly without Troy or Woodley for most of the game.

    Is Philly's OLine that bad? Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?

    Harrison and Worldis make a good duo. I also noticed a lot of Mclendon this week.

    nice sacks by Worilds, Ziggy and McLendon today!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •