Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Perhaps...but, you know what he does well? You saw it on Sunday...
    Yeah, I've acknowledged that he had a great game on Sunday. But where was he in run defense for the first three weeks of the season? Was he told not to make plays?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Yeah, I've acknowledged that he had a great game on Sunday. But where was he in run defense for the first three weeks of the season? Was he told not to make plays?
    And, as I've acknowledged, there are some things that Timmons, just like any player, does better than others...

If you want Timmons to perform at an elite level, put him in a position to do what he does best...he's not going to blow up the running game by playing 15-20 yards off the ball...put him closer to the LoS like they did with Farrior...Farrior was not great in coverage for the most part, but was awesome within 10 yards of the LoS...that's where he spent most of his playing time...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    And, as I've acknowledged, there are some things that Timmons, just like any player, does better than others...

If you want Timmons to perform at an elite level, put him in a position to do what he does best...he's not going to blow up the running game by playing 15-20 yards off the ball...put him closer to the LoS like they did with Farrior...Farrior was not great in coverage for the most part, but was awesome within 10 yards of the LoS...that's where he spent most of his playing time...
    Putting Timmons closer to the line of scrimmage would be one of the worst things you could possibly do.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Putting Timmons closer to the line of scrimmage would be one of the worst things you could possibly do.
    Yeah, it worked out horribly when they played the Eagles...