Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm trying not to get too excited by the play of Timmons and the overall pressure we were able to get. Philly's OL is the worse we've seen so far.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I'm among the biggest critics of Timmons, and I'm very glad to say that he had an excellent game today. Need to see more of the same on Thursday and going forward.
    Yup, same here.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Don't let an outstanding performance get in the way of your "agenda"
    you said it. One outstanding performance.

lets see timmons do it for 4 or 5 games in a row before showering him with praise and designing the defense around him.

but timmons has always been one of your boys, so I expect nothing less from you and the constant stream of excuses when he doesn't play well. Like the 1st three games this year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Whether you like Timmons or not, the Steelers have spent a lot of money on him...and LaMarr Woodley as well...

Therefore, it would only be smart and a good use of resources to build the defense around what he and Woodley do well...for awhile, the defense was build around Harrison and Polamalu...it can't be after this year...

Yesterday, Timmons not only played better, the reason he did is because he was schemed better...this needs to continue going forward...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you said it. One outstanding performance.

lets see timmons do it for 4 or 5 games in a row before showering him with praise and designing the defense around him.

but timmons has always been one of your boys, so I expect nothing less from you and the constant stream of excuses when he doesn't play well. Like the 1st three games this year.
    Sounds to me like you have an "agenda" wrt Timmons. You accuse everyone else of having agenda's, are you really Oliver Stone?

Yes, I have always liked Timmons and I have always believed that if Timmons is used like he was yesterday he will be a star. When he is just wasted as a runstuffer that is not playing to his strengths but simply forcing him into the template. It is not what he does best. Letting him run free and use his athleticism is what is best for him. Putting restraints on him is a stupid call by the DC.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

actually, I only accuse you ovi, as have several others.

this is timmons 6th year in the league and I find it amusing that when he plays a great half of football, his supporters run to the internet proclaiming him a star and wanting to design the defense around him.

you cannot convince me that the only difference in timmons was the way he was used yesterday. Sure that may have been a part of it, but if lawrence had played with that intensity and effort all year we wouldn't be having this discussion. But he hasn't. He needs to be much more consistent and start playing like the big money player and 1st round draft pick that he is.

I hope he does, but I won't hold my breath.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

you guys crack me up.

timmons plays a great half and you want to design the defense around him.

good luck with that.
    Yea, I mean, why build a defense around someone who played like a dominate beast? I think it makes more sense to build a D around someone like Mundy instead. <rolls eyes> Timmons was dominant. Troy might be done. Timmons could very well be the center piece of this D moving forward.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    The whole defense look refreshed. We had more pressure this week than we've had all season.

Timmons looked like the best defender in the NFL in the first half.

And this defense was doing it mostly without Troy or Woodley for most of the game.

Is Philly's OLine that bad? Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?

Harrison and Worldis make a good duo. I also noticed a lot of McClendon this week.

Agreed! I hope this is more to see from our defense the rest of the Season. Timmons was incrdible, McClendon and Worilds contributed and we definately seemed fresher later in the game.
    Don't Forget to bring a Towel

Legend

User Info Menu

actually, I only accuse you ovi, as have several others.

this is timmons 6th year in the league and I find it amusing that when he plays a great half of football, his supporters run to the internet proclaiming him a star and wanting to design the defense around him.

you cannot convince me that the only difference in timmons was the way he was used yesterday. Sure that may have been a part of it, but if lawrence had played with that intensity and effort all year we wouldn't be having this discussion. But he hasn't. He needs to be much more consistent and start playing like the big money player and 1st round draft pick that he is.

I hope he does, but I won't hold my breath.

Help me understand what exactly my sinister agenda is other than not agreeing with you? I'd love to know because I thought to have an agenda you had to have the ability to cause change. I didn't think we could do that by voicing opinions on the internet.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

you cannot convince me that the only difference in timmons was the way he was used yesterday.
    You've made up your mind, so I won't try...

But, that was definitely, by far, the biggest difference...