Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 74

Thread: Lawrence Timmons was a beast today!

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    N.Y.
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys crack me up.

    timmons plays a great half and you want to design the defense around him.

    good luck with that.
    I agree, more consistency is needed before I can agree to that statement.
    Or does Harrison make that much of a difference?
    Magic-8-ball.jpg

  2. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,434
    Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I agree, more consistency is needed before I can agree to that statement.


    Magic-8-ball.jpg

    If he is allowed to play the way he did today attacking the QB and the LOS I believe we will see more of what we saw today. If he is asked to play passive then we will see inconsistencies.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    you guys crack me up.

    timmons plays a great half and you want to design the defense around him.

    good luck with that.
    Admittedly Timmons hasn't been lights out consistent but he's been asked to do a lot as an injury replacement in seasons past. He did have one really good season and he IS that kind of athlete. As in the athlete you CAN build the defense around. Personally I don't think it's that crazy. He's fast, explosive and he's not brain dead. He's just been inconsistent BUt as mentioned above asked to play out of position quite a bit. Timmons can be our Patrick Willis. It's just a matter of him showing up week after week.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,209
    one good thing i saw.

    first time i've seen him get blocked on the blitz pick up by the RB and he still got to the QB

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch98 View Post
    Admittedly Timmons hasn't been lights out consistent but he's been asked to do a lot as an injury replacement in seasons past. He did have one really good season and he IS that kind of athlete. As in the athlete you CAN build the defense around. Personally I don't think it's that crazy. He's fast, explosive and he's not brain dead. He's just been inconsistent BUt as mentioned above asked to play out of position quite a bit. Timmons can be our Patrick Willis. It's just a matter of him showing up week after week.
    dont know if anyone else in the league can be willis. that guy is a monster

  6. #16
    I'm among the biggest critics of Timmons, and I'm very glad to say that he had an excellent game today. Need to see more of the same on Thursday and going forward.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer Djfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,379
    And, yes, Harrison is just that good.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com


    My son's first Kansas Turkey!

  8. #18
    Timmons has that much ability. He could be the player he was on Sunday much more than he has been. It is about his effort, more than the way coaches use him or his weight. LeBeau did seem to have some different designs in the defense, but even when Timmons didn't rush, his pursuit was great. I think he came to the realization that he is the best playmaker on defense now and more is required of him.

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol.

    one game bro.
    Don't let an outstanding performance get in the way of your "agenda"
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotlanta
    Posts
    2,087
    It was fun watching Timmons play today. When's the last time that happened? Just pure fun watching him wreak havoc all over the field. Hopefully they watch the tape and concentrate on finding a way for that to happen game after game.

    Curious wht you guys thought of Hampton? I tried to pick him out on a bunch of plays and thought he was completely ineffective. Made NO difference at all. It was sad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •