Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question on Mendy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Backup

User Info Menu

Question on Mendy

Why haesn't some coach in his career taught him how to carry the ball???!! When he gets out in open space and starts running full speed, the arm is up and down AWAY from his body. You saw it today when he fumbled out of bounds (thank God). I just can't understand how someone has not corrected this.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'd have to think they (coaches) have tried. Up to the player to take what he is taught and change his game.

Funny that you bring this up. Mrs. Armpit was yelling at the screen for him to protect the ball. Haha, love her!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    I'd have to think they (coaches) have tried. Up to the player to take what he is taught and change his game.

Funny that you bring this up. Mrs. Armpit was yelling at the screen for him to protect the ball. Haha, love her!!!
    I was yelling also .........and I may love her too

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haha!! I'll tell her!!

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    I was yelling also .........and I may love her too

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Haha!! I'll tell her!!

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's gonna take a big fumble for him to learn a lesson. I mean like a fumble in the Superbowl or something!!!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see what you did there

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    It's gonna take a big fumble for him to learn a lesson. I mean like a fumble in the Superbowl or something!!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Tiki Barber did much the same thing early in his career...he was known for fumbling...

Coughlin coached him to hold it high and tight and it worked...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Tiki Barber did much the same thing early in his career...he was known for fumbling...

Coughlin coached him to hold it high and tight and it worked...
    Coughlin would never put up with "hoping" a player fixed holding the ball wrong. If said player didn't fix it, he'd be benched or cut. But I guess our coaches just make "suggestions" with things like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

He also needs to learn to change hands to the outside hand when contact is coming. I'm just a football fan with limited HS playing experience and I know how important that is. How is it that he does not have this as part of his DNA at this point in his career?