Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What player for the Rats was talking up Brown and downplaying Wallace? I think they both have tremendous value. Brown is that underneath guy who can get open deep at times. Wallace is more of a deep guy, but he can catch that short route at times and make something happen. They compliment each other very well. If we had a better run game, imagine how good they could be on the play action.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What player for the Rats was talking up Brown and downplaying Wallace? I think they both have tremendous value. Brown is that underneath guy who can get open deep at times. Wallace is more of a deep guy, but he can catch that short route at times and make something happen. They compliment each other very well. If we had a better run game, imagine how good they could be on the play action.
    Wallace may be able to catch the short pass but he isn't a yards after catch guy. That is Brown and Sanders. Wallace goes down pretty quick like Nate Washington use to.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Wallace may be able to catch the short pass but he isn't a yards after catch guy. That is Brown and Sanders. Wallace goes down pretty quick like Nate Washington use to.
    It's hard to figure out his YAC because most of those yards are on longer passes. His YAC on short passes isnt' great but he can do it. It's not his strength (kind of like Browns strength is the short yac stuff). see the balance there?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Why can't people just enjoy the win?
    It truly wasn't enjoyable, even though it was a win; not all the Steelers fault, some had to do with garbage league and horrid flag feast. But that was one of the worst wins of all time.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Some perspective...

Last night, Andre Johnson had one catch for 15 yards against the Revis-less Jets.

Earlier this year, Larry Fitzgerald (yeah, ol' Fitz-Money himself) had one catch for 4 yards against New England (who have no DB's even close to as good as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha).

Those average schmoes don't deserve Mike Wallace money.
    Did those average schmoes have an 8 game letdown like Wallace did last year?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Don't remember which one, but it was a DB.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Again, I’d like to bring up Brandon Marshall because I feel Marshall’s contract has a lot of relevance in the pricing of Mike Wallace.

In the offseason, Marshall signed a deal that averaged 9.5 million a year.

In the same offseason, Wallace reportedly declined an offer that averaged 10 million a year.

Marshall is a bit older and clearly isn't as fast as Wallace. However, he’s still a very legit deep threat. Marshall is physically much more dominant, demands double teams, fights for the ball, a good blocker and does well in short to intermediate routes. To me, Marshall is a physical beast of a WR that is dynamic for his size. He’s right below the top tier WRs (A. Johnson, C. Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green – In no particular order)

IMO, I think Wallace getting offered Brandon Marshall-type money is EXTREMELY generous. I just can’t understand why he didn’t accept that offer. Does he think he’s a better overall receiver than Marshall? The only thing he has over Marshall is a bit more speed and less concern over his fuzzy past and medical condition.

Does he think he’s Fitzgerald? Haha.. No need to even go there. I don’t know but I think he’s CLEARLY overestimating his worth to teams that know any better.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Based upon what? Upon how Brown was making catches while covered by Nnamdi?
    Based upon a delusional disorder. Brown can do it all, and imo is actually much harder to cover than Wallace in those intermediate routes. Brown has elite quicks...gets in and out of routes as well as anyone I have ever seen. I believe he also has better hands than Wallace.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Again, I’d like to bring up Brandon Marshall because I feel Marshall’s contract has a lot of relevance in the pricing of Mike Wallace.

In the offseason, Marshall signed a deal that averaged 9.5 million a year.

In the same offseason, Wallace reportedly declined an offer that averaged 10 million a year.

Marshall is a bit older and clearly isn't as fast as Wallace. However, he’s still a very legit deep threat. Marshall is physically much more dominant, demands double teams, fights for the ball, a good blocker and does well in short to intermediate routes. To me, Marshall is a physical beast of a WR that is dynamic for his size. He’s right below the top tier WRs (A. Johnson, C. Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green – In no particular order)

IMO, I think Wallace getting offered Brandon Marshall-type money is EXTREMELY generous. I just can’t understand why he didn’t accept that offer. Does he think he’s a better overall receiver than Marshall? The only thing he has over Marshall is a bit more speed and less concern over his fuzzy past and medical condition.

Does he think he’s Fitzgerald? Haha.. No need to even go there. I don’t know but I think he’s CLEARLY overestimating his worth to teams that know any better.

Yep. Wallace got MORE than a fair offer from the Steelers. However, I will continue to go back to what I think the real issue is--the bright light from the glow of Antonio Brown is a little too intense for Wallace's psyche to handle for the next 4-5 years of his career. Wallace wants to go where he knows he will be the #1 and he knows that isn't guaranteed here.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yep. Wallace got MORE than a fair offer from the Steelers. However, I will continue to go back to what I think the real issue is--the bright light from the glow of Antonio Brown is a little too intense for Wallace's psyche to handle for the next 4-5 years of his career. Wallace wants to go where he knows he will be the #1 and he knows that isn't guaranteed here.
    Maybe. But a SMART person would swallow the ego and take the guaranteed millions now instead of hoping for something more down the road. The Steelers can control Wallace's destiny THIS season AND NEXT season. If it were me, I'd be signed already, set for life, making more than Brown and concentrating on building my brand so that I can make even significantly more in endorsements.