Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Who cares if YOU GUYS have a problem with paying Wallace. Like you cut checks. Wallace WILL get his big contract because he has value. If he doesnt get it from us, he will get it elsewhere. Careful what you ask for.
    Re-read what you just typed.

You criticize posts because "we" don't cut checks. In the next sentence, you write "if he doesn't get it from **US**, he will get it elsewhere."

LOL

That's fine... let the other teams overpay for him. Those teams will continue to suck like they always do and Wallace will never sniff a SB ever again.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Thats most of the Steelers. Troy Polamalu is the only Steeler that could go somewhere else and still be as good as he was in the burgh. Wallace will get his money and if he doesnt. So what. I could care less. We always find someone else. Like when everyone was hating Tone (Santonio) and in love with Wallace. We always reload, its the Steeler way.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who cares if YOU GUYS have a problem with paying Wallace. Like you cut checks. Wallace WILL get his big contract because he has value. If he doesnt get it from us, he will get it elsewhere. Careful what you ask for.
    I do ... that's what a message board is for IMO - to exchange opinions!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Good post GG. I agree Wallace is not playing like a guy who is worth 100 million.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Good post GG. I agree Wallace is not playing like a guy who is worth 100 million.
    I think we will see Antonio Brown get more chances on deep routes and I think we will see that he can do that very effectively. Wallace wasn't even worth another teams #1 draft pick, and several teams had more than one, in the past draft let alone someone paying him $100M. He won't get significantly more on the open market than what the Steelers already offered him but he has made this an ego thing now. If he leaves it will be because he can't admit that the Steelers were right with what they offered him and he turned down.

I also think there is the issue of how everyone loves and embraces Antonio Brown that really grates on him and he really doesn't want to deal with that comparison every game.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Theres no comparrison. EVERY OC in the league would rather deal with AB vs Wallace. EVERY

Backup

User Info Menu

Brown NEEDS Wallace to be effective (See Hines and how he needed Tone). Wallace doesnt need anyone except the qb. Thats the difference

Rookie

User Info Menu

Brown NEEDS Wallace to be effective (See Hines and how he needed Tone). Wallace doesnt need anyone except the qb. Thats the difference
    Based upon what? Upon how Brown was making catches while covered by Nnamdi?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Based upon what? Upon how Brown was making catches while covered by Nnamdi?
    Brown was turning Nmandi around in circles all day and he beat him deep. If Wallace is so great why did the Eagles put their best and one of the best CBs in the league on Brown? My opinion, the league knows that Brown is the best WR we have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Mike Wallace's stats today:

2 receptions for 17 yards and 0 TDs...

sure, that kind of production is worth $11.5 million/year...
    Some perspective...

Last night, Andre Johnson had one catch for 15 yards against the Revis-less Jets.

Earlier this year, Larry Fitzgerald (yeah, ol' Fitz-Money himself) had one catch for 4 yards against New England (who have no DB's even close to as good as Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Nnamdi Asomugha).

Those average schmoes don't deserve Mike Wallace money.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.