Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Maybe. But a SMART person would swallow the ego and take the guaranteed millions now instead of hoping for something more down the road. The Steelers can control Wallace's destiny THIS season AND NEXT season. If it were me, I'd be signed already, set for life, making more than Brown and concentrating on building my brand so that I can make even significantly more in endorsements.
    A "smart person" whould not have held out of training camp when the Steelers told you they wouldn't negotiate with you as long as you were gone and therefore you would have no choice but to play for the $3.7M tag amount on you. A "smart person" especially wouldn't do it when the team could lock you up for an additional year next year and the combined value would be less than they offered you if you had accepted their more than generous offer.

Nothing Wallace has done in the past 6-8 months would lead you to believe he is a "smart person" in these matters.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    What player for the Rats was talking up Brown and downplaying Wallace?
    Ravens Vs. Steelers: Lardarius Webb Says Antonio Brown ‘Better Than’ Mike Wallace

Nov 2nd, 2011

If you ask Baltimore Ravens cornerback Lardarius Webb about Wallace, as reporters did on Wednesday, and he’ll tell you Wallace isn’t even the best receiver on his own team.

“Every time somebody asks me [a question], they’re always talking about Mike Wallace,” said Webb, according to Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com. “But they have a guy No. 84 in Antonio Brown who is better than 17 [Wallace] in all aspects of the game. He’s a great returner, a great wide receiver.”

[URL]http://steelersmobile.com/wp/16900[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I sure am glad I have you guys here to tell me what smart people do.

are all you guys professional athletes in a contract dispute?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Again, I’d like to bring up Brandon Marshall because I feel Marshall’s contract has a lot of relevance in the pricing of Mike Wallace.

In the offseason, Marshall signed a deal that averaged 9.5 million a year.

In the same offseason, Wallace reportedly declined an offer that averaged 10 million a year.

Marshall is a bit older and clearly isn't as fast as Wallace. However, he’s still a very legit deep threat. Marshall is physically much more dominant, demands double teams, fights for the ball, a good blocker and does well in short to intermediate routes. To me, Marshall is a physical beast of a WR that is dynamic for his size. He’s right below the top tier WRs (A. Johnson, C. Johnson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green – In no particular order)

IMO, I think Wallace getting offered Brandon Marshall-type money is EXTREMELY generous. I just can’t understand why he didn’t accept that offer. Does he think he’s a better overall receiver than Marshall? The only thing he has over Marshall is a bit more speed and less concern over his fuzzy past and medical condition.

Does he think he’s Fitzgerald? Haha.. No need to even go there. I don’t know but I think he’s CLEARLY overestimating his worth to teams that know any better.
    Marshall is a physical freak who has also has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Check out the entries under the "Legal" heading of his Wikipedia page:

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[59]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[60] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[61][62]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[63] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[64]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[65] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[66] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[67] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[66]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[68]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[69] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[70] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[71]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[72] The charges were dropped the following day.[73]

On April 23, 2011, Marshall was stabbed near his stomach by his wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall. He was taken to a hospital and was released two days later. He has since made a full recovery.[74][75]

It was later revealed by police that Marshall's wife did make a brief 911 call, but it only described an unspecified emergency and no mention of a stabbing ever took place. She is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and is free on $7,500 bail.

In a South Florida Sun-Sentinel article published on July 30, 2011, it was revealed that Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder at Boston's McLean Hospital after his incident with Nogami-Campbell.[76] He is currently pursuing treatment for his mental illness and filming a documentary about his struggle.

On early Sunday, March 11, 2012, two days before his trade to the Bears, Marshall was accused of hitting a woman in the face at a New York club and being involved in a melee. The New York Post stated that Marshall, his wife and some friends were at Marquee when a brawl ensued, and Marshall punched the woman below her left eye, although he may have been attempting to hit the woman's friends.[77] The investigation later ended after a lack of evidence of Marshall's role in the incident.[78]
    In contrast, Mike Wallace doesn't even have a "Legal" section on his Wikipedia page, because there is no need for one.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I keep waiting for someone to tell me who is going to replace wallaces TD production. You would have thought the endzone had a force field around it on sunday with one WR tripping over his own two feet and the other running into a tackle when it was wide open on the outside.

make no mistake this team will struggle to make up that production. With all the howling about the defense being done, and it is bad, it doesn't make much sense to let your top scorer walk out the door.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Marshall is a physical freak who has also has been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Check out the entries under the "Legal" heading of his Wikipedia page:

In contrast, Mike Wallace doesn't even have a "Legal" section on his Wikipedia page, because there is no need for one.
    How many of those "legal" issues were before he was treated? Basically, all of them. Add in the fact that many were "claims" and he wasn't convicted of anything almost reminds me of someone.... who is that someone again? Oh yeah, our QB, Mr. Roethlisberger.

Marshall is getting paid 9.5 million because of his on-field production as will Wallace in due time.. My point is, Wallace is not a good as Marshall but he's demanding more money than Marshall.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Wallace is not a good as Marshall but he's demanding more money than Marshall.
    Wallace is looking for Desean Jackson & Vincent Jackson money.

The most catches Wallace had in a season is 72 (last year, when many Steeler fans believe he didn't even bother showing up for the second half of the season). Career high catches in a season for DJax is 62 and for VJax is 68.

The most yards Wallace had in a season is 1257. Career high yardage in a season for DJax is 1156 and for VJax is 1167.

The most TD's Wallace has scored in a season is 10. Career high TD's in a season for DJax is 9 and for VJax is 9.

Desean's contract:

3/14/2012: Signed a five-year, $47 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed -- a $10 million signing bonus, Jackson's first-year base salary, $4 million of his second-year salary, and $750,000 of his third-year salary. Another $4 million is available through incentives. Jackson is eligible for annual $200,000 workout bonuses throughout the contract's life. 2012: $750,000, 2013: $6.75 million, 2014: $10.25 million, 2015-2016: $9.75 million, 2017: Free Agent
    Vincent's contract:

3/13/2012: Signed a five-year, $55,555,555 contract. The deal contains $26 million guaranteed, including a $2 million first-year reporting bonus and all of Jackson's first two base salaries. 2012: $11 million, 2013: $13 million, 2014: $10 million, 2015-2016: $9.778 million, 2017: Free Agent
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought this thread was about Wallaces' heart or lack of?
    Bottom line is Wallace gave up.
    Whether it be the fact he was getting held or interfered with or Ben wasn't looking his way enough, he gave up.
    Wallaces' attitude is crap.
    He gave up on his team against the Eagles and he gave up on his team during training camp.
    Wallace is about Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I thought this thread was about Wallaces' heart or lack of?
    Bottom line is Wallace gave up.
    Whether it be the fact he was getting held or interfered with or Ben wasn't looking his way enough, he gave up.
    Wallaces' attitude is crap.
    He gave up on his team against the Eagles and he gave up on his team during training camp.
    Wallace is about Wallace.
    Except in a way, he's not (gets back to the IQ or bad agent thing ...). If he were about Wallace, he would do the best he could for Wallace which would mean producing as much as possible FOR THE STEELERS ... giving up on plays is neither in Wallace's, nor (as we know) the Steelers', best interest.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I keep waiting for someone to tell me who is going to replace wallaces TD production. You would have thought the endzone had a force field around it on sunday with one WR tripping over his own two feet and the other running into a tackle when it was wide open on the outside.

make no mistake this team will struggle to make up that production. With all the howling about the defense being done, and it is bad, it doesn't make much sense to let your top scorer walk out the door.

would you give Mike Wallace the $11.5 million/year contract he's asking for?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha