Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Spreading your hate for Ben to another thread I will make this your last warning

check the 'ben pilots gw drive' thread

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the truth is that Ben is the best QB the Steelers have had since Terry Bradshaw, too bad you can't see that.
    I agree with that and have stated it MANY times.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Spreading your hate for Ben to another thread I will make this your last warning
    I dont hate Ben. I gave Ben props in that post. I let WALLACE have it in my post.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I didn't read this whole thread so I am not sure how this became a Ben bashing thread. Anyway, I can handle drops. What I can't handle is a player giving up and not going out and giving 110% like we are used to seeing from former players like Hines Ward. Mike Wallace gave up yesterday. That is unacceptable. Sure Brown makes mistakes, but he also comes through many times when we need him. I have never seen him give up. I just wish he'd keep his mouth shut.

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree with AA - Wallace doesn't have the heart of a Man of Steel. If we can get good value for him to help us in areas of greater need, I wouldn't cry to see him go.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Brown had a couple of drops also. People want Wallace to fail because the Rooneys won't pony up the cash, only to washed up defense.
    Poney up the cash? What in the world are you talking about? It's been reported that Rooney's offered him a 50 million dollar contract.

He's not even worth that.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

So what is his value? If he allows Ben, Antonio, Sanders, Heath, Mendy etc to perform better because her stretches the field, if he makes the Offense better just by being there- what is his value?

If he wasn't there- is the Offense as good?

What is the success of the Offense worth?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Administrator

User Info Menu

I watch a guy like Brandon Marshall play and I think to myself.... Wallace is NOT a better WR than him.

Throw stats (look at the team and QB marshall has had) and his medical condition aside. Marshall is a beast. He's a deep threat, he can go across the middle, he can block, he's physical, etc.

I pick Marshall out because he's in that next tier of WRs along with Wallace.

So how much does Marshall make? He's making 9.5 mil this year. The Steelers offered Wallace an avg of 10mil/year and he turned it down.

IMO, our offense would be better with Marshall than it would be with Wallace. I think he's a better overall WR. I don't have a problem paying Wallace. I have a problem paying Wallace more than what he's worth. I don't see him being worth more than a guy like Brandon Marshall.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Wallace is our best receiver and DC spend more time trying to stop him then any other receiver on our team. Those are the facts.

Backup

User Info Menu

Who cares if YOU GUYS have a problem with paying Wallace. Like you cut checks. Wallace WILL get his big contract because he has value. If he doesnt get it from us, he will get it elsewhere. Careful what you ask for.