Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace = No Heart

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pappy is one of the most rational, level-headed posters here. I agree with what he's said, Wallace had some miscues today. Yes, so did other wide-outs, but those wide-outs are NOT asking for Fitzgerald type of money or holding out of camp to get the big payday. None of the wide-outs had a great game. Cotchery tripped over his own 2 feet, that otherwise would have led to a TD. Brown and Wallace both had key drops.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Pappy is one of the most rational, level-headed posters here.
    that's a scary thought...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelgal View Post
    Pappy is one of the most rational, level-headed posters here. I agree with what he's said, Wallace had some miscues today. Yes, so did other wide-outs, but those wide-outs are NOT asking for Fitzgerald type of money or holding out of camp to get the big payday. None of the wide-outs had a great game. Cotchery tripped over his own 2 feet, that otherwise would have led to a TD. Brown and Wallace both had key drops.
    I made no criticism of his previous play thus far in this early part of the season. And you and Pappy are correct in that if this particularly vital cog in our offensive machine is holding out and missing camp because he wants to get a huge pay day, then he needs to produce. I'm sure being marked by every defense you face must be tough... all the more reason to make the most out of your open looks and give maximum effort...something not yielded in this game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    that's a scary thought...
    But true. Hope the pool's not too shallow.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know its his own doing, but Wallace may still be coming up to speed after missing the preseason. I am willing to give him a pass if he can ratchet up to full speed by mid-season. Of course, he has no alternative since this is effectively a contract year. Lets hope he can turn it on from here on out...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

It was raining and the wet ball may have had something to do with it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think the jist of what OP was saying is that, in the context of "Larry Fitz money", he is completely not in that class. I would disagree in the notion that he doesn't try hard. I think his effort is fine. His value (which is being overrated by him and his agent) is that he is a LEGIT deep threat WR, of which there aren't that many. But he brings very little to it besides that. To earn Larry Fitz money, you have to be able to hang your hat on that guy: Wallace is certainly not a drive-sustaining impact player like that.

Think AJ Green. AJ Green will someday earn Larry Fitz money. There is not one Steeler fan on this planet who would take Mike Wallace over AJ Green. Not even Mike Wallace.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    It was raining and the wet ball may have had something to do with it.
    No offense to you bro, but the lack of even an attempt to jump by Wallace on the ball in the Endzone left a bad taste in my mouth.
    And it wasnt due to the rain.
    Wallace is a good receiver and a very good receiver when he wants to be.
    Wallace CAN'T take over a game like other big name guys can.
    I'm happy about the win against a very good Eagles defense

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    this one trick pony BS needs to stop. Quit parroting and watch the damn games.

brown was no star today either.

some just want wallace to fail because it fits their agenda.
    Let's see, Mike Wallace was covered by two defenders (he had a safety over the top all day long), and Antonio Brown was covered by one defender. But when people hate they just never see clearly.

Now having said that, I can be honest and say I did see some frustration from Wallace today that carried over into a lack luster effort. And I am not happy about that.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it is Wallace's agenda that is the source of the problem and heartache not any posters.

As for today Wallace made lots of mistakes, but he wasn't alone. It would be great to keep him but like I said many times the only person who can cause Mike Wallace to leave is Mike Wallace. The choices are all his.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"