Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: running game thoughts

I was very pleased with Mendy today. A real sparkplug for the team. Hope he continues to play this way--it would really improve our offense.

Timmons, impressive. Hope DL will continue to use him this way...

And I agree with Oviedo. Get Fat Casey off the field, and get McLendon in there more. Maybe Casey and Colon can both be demoted, and have an eating contest on the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post

Maybe Casey and Colon can both be demoted, and have an eating contest on the sideline.
    although I respect how much food Willie Colon can probably consume, there is absolutely no way he can compete with Big Snack in an eating contest...

Pro Bowler
    I was surprised not to see any Dwyer yesterday. I think he and Mendy would be the best combination.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I was surprised not to see any Dwyer yesterday. I think he and Mendy would be the best combination.
    Especially since Dwyer is by far the best running back on this team.

Dwyer isn't a good complementary RB...

Redman, Batch and Rainey are...

Redman looked comfortable in his role yesterday. That's the REDMAN we're use to seeing.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Redman looked comfortable in his role yesterday. That's the REDMAN we're use to seeing.
    Yes, in a limited role as a back-up. He can be successful doing that.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Yes, in a limited role as a back-up. He can be successful doing that.
    Or, as a starter in a pinch, like vs. Cleveland and Denver last year...

Mendy got a bad rap in Steeler Nation due to his comments. Mendenhall was always a quality back. The cries for Redman used to make me laugh. Redman can only run North/South. He eliminates most of the playbook. You cant run sweeps, counters, stretch plays with him. Most have forgotten that we would not have made it to our last Super Bowl without Mendenhall (Jets AFCCG). He also was huge when Ben was suspended. In the SB he was great until the fumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, as a starter in a pinch, like vs. Cleveland and Denver last year...
    Dwyer runs just as hard but has more speed. Dwyer can get to the edge and Redman cant. Redman needs to be limited to short down back. Heath Miller is slow but I bet he can beat Redman in the 40. Redman is tooooo slow