Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Politics: What would you do....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

User Info Menu

Politics: What would you do....

If you could change one thing about our govt?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Give our legislators the freedom to vote their conscience. Right now, they have to vote for big business whether they want to or not (if they don't, they will lose the next election because their opponent will get $$$ to out-"campaign" them).

How would that work? Public financing of all campaigns. I'm willling to lose the "free speech" argument here, because I think our country would be a much better place for it.

That is all!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

That big business that they vote for is funded by them anyway.

I would make myself dictator for about 10-20 years and clean this mess up without the congress in my way.

Serious answer - Shrink the govt to a mere fraction of it's size thereby cutting most entitlements and lifetime pensions for retired crooks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Administrator

User Info Menu

I would remove all concepts of a "party". There will be no more parties.

Everyone will vote strictly on the topic at hand with zero associations or concept of parties.

To me, it's sad that people (especially Congress) will vote based on what party they are rather than the topic/idea at hand.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

All good ideas wish it would work

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Honestly, I think this country needs an established third party. Something to tip the scales at times when it's needed.

oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRR

I would put EVERY single president in jail who waged war ILLEGALLY. Bush, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Nixon, and etc. That would be something that would be strictly enforced. No more illegal wars. And I would tell the federal reserve to f'off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe a couple more:

2. Flat Consumption Tax @ 5% and reduce spending to 50% of collected taxes to build a surplus in case of emergency.

3. Stop policing the world. Get out of every war we're in and regroup and come up with a real plan.

4. Make voting easier (vote by twitter or text) and eliminate the electorate.

5. Take corporate taxes to 0% to incent every company in the world to locate in the US.

6. Eliminate capital gains, dividend, death penalty taxes etc. And eliminate all tax breaks. Eliminate the IRS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Make all gov't jobs volunteer jobs with no pay or benefits.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Make all gov't jobs volunteer jobs with no pay or benefits.

Are you talking about just those who hold public office, or are you actually talking about all government jobs, such as volunteer policemen, volunteer public school teachers, volunteer prison guards, volunteer judges, volunteers to maintain interstate highways, volunteer military, etc.? I realize that many places are able to survive with volunteer firefighters, but how are the people who choose to do these important jobs supposed to feed themselves, house themselves, obtain healthcare, etc. if they receive no pay or benefits whatsoever for this undertaking? Is there an army of independently wealthy good samaritans out there that I am unaware of?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post

Are you talking about just those who hold public office, or are you actually talking about all government jobs, such as volunteer policemen, volunteer public school teachers, volunteer prison guards, volunteer judges, volunteers to maintain interstate highways, volunteer military, etc.? I realize that many places are able to survive with volunteer firefighters, but how are the people who choose to do these important jobs supposed to feed themselves, house themselves, obtain healthcare, etc. if they receive no pay or benefits whatsoever for this undertaking? Is there an army of independently wealthy good samaritans out there that I am unaware of?
    I'm talking about elected officials. Many of those other services could be privatized. Paid gov't jobs should be kept to a minimum.