Thread: Dale Lolley: Who I Like Steelers vs Eagles

Legend

User Info Menu

Dale Lolley: Who I Like Steelers vs Eagles

posted by Dale Lolley
    FRIDAY, OCTOBER 05, 2012

Who I like, Philadelphia version

With their backs against the wall a bit, the Steelers are finally healthy, as all 53 men on the team's active roster practiced this week for the first time this season.

In fact, Sunday's game against the Philadelphia Eagles will mark the first time since last year's opener that the Steelers will have their projected starting defense on the field at the same time.

That game didn't work out so well as the Ravens pounded the Steelers, 35-7, in Baltimore.

But this game is at Heinz Field, where, quite frankly, the Steelers don't lose often to NFC teams.

In fact, the Steelers have won their past seven games at Heinz Field against NFC opponents, with the last loss being a 21-14 defeat at the hands of the New York Giants in 2008.

Despite Antonio Brown calling out Eagles' nickel corner Brandon Boykin, the Steelers will probably have more of a running-based attack in this game - at least early on.

Pittsburgh feels like Philadelphia's wide sets with its defensive ends will allow Rashard Mendenhall and Isaac Redman some running lanes.

There will be some losses in the running game since Philadelphia's stunts sometimes lead them into the right hole, but the Steelers feel that with Ben Roethlisberger playing so well, they can offset that.

The Steelers are 3-point favorites in this one and should win and cover that spread, beating a Michael Vick-quarterbacked team for the first time. Vick is 1-0-1 against the Steelers, making him the only current starting quarterback with at least 100 career games that Pittsburgh hasn't beaten.

Take the Steelers, 24-16

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/10/who-i-like-philadelphia-version.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed &utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FpROmMH+%28NFL+fro m+the+sidelines%29[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this game is going to come down to the play of the o-line. philly has a very good front 4. based on our recent play - i'd say there is a good chance they will be able to stop runs and pressure ben. if we can hold our blocks, we can win a shootout.

i think the steelers WILL pull it off. but get ready for a thursday night letdown against a terrible titans team.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!