Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ben and Offense in Trouble on Sunday?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Legend

User Info Menu

Ben and Offense in Trouble on Sunday?

Philly is #1 in the NFL in defense for opponent passing % completion at just 52%. Considering passing is currently 80% of our offense, the Steelers may have a very tough time moving the football. Look for a field goal battle.

And before you say Mendenhall will cure all, I predict he will not get more than 10 carries in this game so he won't be able to carry the offense.

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben habitually plays poorly vs a good defense. Has he turned the curve? We will see

Legend

User Info Menu

Dwyer has his first 100 yard game. We got this!
    Last edited by Ghost; 10-04-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We need to turn this into a shootout and go 5 wide (or 3 wide with heath and Rainey going out for routes) - no huddle from the first play till the last.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    We need to turn this into a shootout and go 5 wide (or 3 wide with heath and Rainey going out for routes) - no huddle from the first play till the last.
    Glad you're not our coach and the defense is too

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Glad you're not our coach and the defense is too
    Same defense that gave up 30+ in a loss to the Raiders? Get a clue and check last weekends full NFL scoreboard and count the games that the winner put up 30+. Welcome to today's NFL. The days of getting a 10 point lead and taking the air out of the ball are over.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Same defense that gave up 30+ in a loss to the Raiders? Get a clue and check last weekends full NFL scoreboard and count the games that the winner put up 30+. Welcome to today's NFL. The days of getting a 10 point lead and taking the air out of the ball are over.
    Same defense thats been in the top 5 more times than not in the last 10 YEARS. So based on ONE game, I need to get a clue? NO TEAM runs the no huddle all game.

YOU GET A CLUE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    Same defense thats been in the top 5 more times than not in the last 10 YEARS. So based on ONE game, I need to get a clue? NO TEAM runs the no huddle all game.

YOU GET A CLUE
    How many players are left from that decade long stretch? This defense is nowhere close to the caliber of D we had even 2 or 3 years ago. The old players are older and the players Tomlin has plugged in to try and replace the solid defenders of past years aren't getting the job done. For how many first round picks we have on that DLine and in the LB corp they aren't getting any pressure on the QB at all. Vick has been getting his butt kicked on a weekly basis. Let's see how many sacks we get this weekend.

Obviously I was exaggerating going no huddle from play one to the final play. I was simply trying to make the point that we need to run it quite a bit and not let up. The top teams that have weaker defenses put up 30 points most weeks to offset their weak defense.

Starter

User Info Menu

Then again, maybe their #1 52% completion rate and their #3 ranked 6.2 average gain per pass rate is in trouble.

They are #8 giving up 827 yards in 4 games. Oops! Wait a second. Both the Steelers and Indy are ahead of them there but in only 3 games. Okay, they are #7 in yds per game giving up 206.8. The Steelers are still ahead of them at #3 giving up 190.3 per game. That of course is very good and the Eagles have improved over last year.

Regardless, this should be a good test for the Steelers.

I was looking forward to seeing how young money stacked up against those highly touted CB's. Frankly, I always figured that Asomugha ? was overrated. When he was with the Raiders he was always ranked at or near the top. Last year it was hard to find his name on the list. [47] My guess is they actually threw the ball his way now. He had some tackling problems last year also.

Oops! Wrong about that 47. That is this year. Last year he was at 52.

Starter

User Info Menu

Hmm! So they can read in Igglesville after all.l

Bopping around Stiller boards here and there lottsa Stiller fans think this stuff was better unsaid.