Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sooner or later, the league will suspend Ryan Clark

Legend

User Info Menu

Sooner or later, the league will suspend Ryan Clark

Sooner or later, the league will suspend Ryan Clark

by Mark Kaboly

Whether you agree or not, whether it is warranted or not, it is only a matter of time before the league suspends Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

Clark was flagged for a late hit against Philadelphia tight end Brent Celek Sunday, but easily could've been called for a helmet-to-helmet hit.

Out of all of his penalties over the past couple years, this one was the most egregious.

The hit was clearly after the whistle and it was clearly helmet-to-helmet contact, and obviously he is a multiple offender.

Clark was fined $55,000 with a span of a week in early November last year for hitting the head of Rob Gronkowski then Ed Dickson. The hit on Dickson cost Clark $40,000.

Now, Clark's hit on Celek isn't bad enough to warrant a suspension on its own merit, but when you continue to stack up fines in a short period of time like Clark, it will be only a matter of time that they will sit him down for a game.

The NFL did it to James Harrison last year and Denver linebacker Joe Mays this year, so there is precedent.

It's well within the NFL's rights to do so. It's just a question of when they pull the trigger.

[URL]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/8bd892a6-c2b5-4e79-8eb7-6e690833f9a1/?source=twitter[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy too. He now has two helmet two helmet hits this year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I got a really novel idea for Goodell. Let's just get rid of defenses all together... guaranteed way to avoid those terrible plays that football players are supposed to make.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

During the AFC playoff game against the Ravens and Clark imprinted the Steeler logo on the one Ravens player, Goodell in my opinion took great notice and I bet Goodell has had Clark on his thing to screw list ever since. Clark will get suspended but, Goodell will make sure the suspension will come when it will most affect the Steelers. If we should make the playoffs or something like that then, Goodell will pullout his condoms.

Legend

User Info Menu

The penalty announced was defenseless receiver, not late hit.
    When Coleman jumped on Pouncey's back with his cleats, of course no refs saw that.
    When Casey was tackled and taken to the ground no refs saw that.
    When Ben was hit late, no refs saw that.
    When wallace was held going across the middle no refs saw that.
    They did happen to see everything the Steelers did.
    Rooney, hows that working out for the team getting good ole boy Roger in as commish?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Does everything have to be racism here ? Granted, even to us white people Goodell is really white in color and hell, he doesn't even need a sheet but lets be real.....Why make the racist comment ? Say something in the line of that about a black player or coach and the thread would take off with black posters raising hell.

I would like to know if the Rooney's were neutered at one time or did they give their left nut for the last Super Bowl win because they must not have any balls left for all this to be happening. My best friend and by the way he just happens to be black went to Washington Jefferson College with Goodell and I've never thought to ask him what type of person Goodell was at school. Maybe the dude was anti Steelers then too. I'll let you guys know what he tells me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Racist comment? Was it deleted?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The good ole boy remark from pittpete

Legend

User Info Menu

Lol... you cry racism over that?

Yeah... go ask your best friend who is black... lol.

Not sure what happened but lately you have said some head scratching things regarding race.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I got a really novel idea for Goodell. Let's just get rid of defenses all together... guaranteed way to avoid those terrible plays that football players are supposed to make.
    welcome to today's NFL - the No Football League
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha