Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh

Legend

User Info Menu

If we question Tomlin's judgement, then we must question Tony Dungy's judgement. Dungy is generally regarded as a well-respected & thoughful man- he took Mike Vick under his wing & worked with him to get Vick back into the NFL community.

Is it condoning Vick's actions?

No.

But it's giving him a second chance. We let criminals, murderers, rapists & what-not, walk from jail after they serve their time in punishment. Why should Vick be treated differently?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Are you referring to slaughter houses? I eat meat, I'm informed on how horrific a slaughter house could be and I'll continue to eat meat anyway. Does killing a deer hunting and butchering it for it's venison put you in the same category of Vick did with dogs?

Does that put me in the same category of Vick? The same guy that teased (to get them angry before fighting), killed, and tortured dogs. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your analogy but I just don't see how that makes ANY sense.
    The point is you support animal cruelty with your money. The meat industry tortures and kills animals...how don't you get that analogy? I know my dad grew up rooster fighting. It was culturally accepted. He didn't see it as wrong. While I disagree with what Vick did, I certainly believe he got more time than deserved. So, when people pass judgment on other human beings...throwing stones like they are perfect...I just have to shake my head.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think most of us can agree that hurting animals is a bad thing. The question remains...are any of us perfect? If not, do we want second chances and forgiveness? If so, then why are we stingy with grace to others?
    Trolls are people too.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    All I can see are these terrified dogs, dogs with tears in their eyes during all their abuse. If Vick and his piece of shiit culture stoped abusing the dogs within an instant the dogs would wag their tails and be loyal to him and the other scum. Wishing that these so called humans would stop punishing them, for things they did not understand or deserve. The same dogs that would love these pieces of shiit like Viick had he stopped his abuse. No, these dogs didn't get the mercy, the forgivness or kindeness. Screw Vick and I hope he burns in hell for what he did. Culture my a$$, I don't need to know right and wrong from my culture it, comes from within. It comes from being a Christian. Have mercy on all living creatures......his culture should have read that in the bible. He had no mercy on these dogs and I have no mercy for him.
    respect....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    If we question Tomlin's judgement, then we must question Tony Dungy's judgement. Dungy is generally regarded as a well-respected & thoughful man- he took Mike Vick under his wing & worked with him to get Vick back into the NFL community.

Is it condoning Vick's actions?

No.

But it's giving him a second chance. We let criminals, murderers, rapists & what-not, walk from jail after they serve their time in punishment. Why should Vick be treated differently?
    Good point

Backup

User Info Menu

We have some good ole boys in the Steelers Nation. I'll share a statement a buddy shared with me once when I spurted something racist when Kordell was constantly bleeping up. My buddy said "Just think if they had all of the blacks on one team and all the whites on the other team. I know who you would root for but who do you think would win. GOING AWAY??? A little perspective

Backup

User Info Menu

Dogs are so important that God doesnt even mention them in the Bible. Nor does he mention them in His kingdom in Heaven. Not to diminish dogs in this realm but I find it ironic that they will play no role in the next realm Hmmmmm

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers notebook: Eagles QB Vick has shined against Pittsburgh

By Alan Robinson
    Published: Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quarterback Michael Vick will face the Steelers for only the third time in 10 years and the first with Philadelphia.

Vick had two huge games against them with Atlanta — a 34-34 tie in 2002 at Heinz Field in which he led the Falcons back from a 17-point deficit in the fourth quarter and a 41-38 win in 2006 when he threw for four touchdowns.

“He has a skill set that is unique,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said. “He’s extremely quick and fast. He can get out of tough spots. He’s got a quick release.”

Vick has thrown for 526 yards and five touchdowns and rushed for 78 yards and a score against the Steelers.

• Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger couldn’t contain his excitement during training camp as rookie Chris Rainey excelled as a receiver out of the backfield, a kick returner and a speed back capable of breaking off long runs. But Rainey has been almost invisible during the regular season, carrying six times for 15 yards and returning only one punt, although he has four kickoff returns. He had two carries for 7 yards against Oakland as the Steelers tried four backs — Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Baron Batch and Rainey — in an unsuccessful effort to generate a running game.

• The Steelers will try to avoid losing consecutive games for the first time since dropping five in a row late in 2009. They were 12-4 each of the past two seasons. “I think that anybody that’s extremely competitive and has been good over an extended period of time, you understand you can’t have losing streaks,” Tomlin said. “We’re interested in stacking wins. We’re stacking zero right now because we lost the last time we played.”

• The Steelers have won following their bye week each of the past four seasons. “It’s an opportunity to self-evaluate, see where we are and work on some areas of needed improvement,” Tomlin said. Asked if this bye week came too early, he said, “I haven’t run across a bye week that didn’t seem to come in a timely manner.”

[URL]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2699589-85/steelers-vick-yards-bye-kickers-rainey-tomlin-week-games-past#ixzz28JR1COdz[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Rookie

User Info Menu

What Tomlin did was consider signing Michael Vick. Consider. As you can tell by the pic in the post above, that did not happen...Vick is wearing an Eagles helmet.

There were some people (even on this board) who considered cutting or trading Ben after the Millegdeville incident. Considered.

What about James Harrison slapping his child's mother around over a baptism? Anybody consider cutting or trading him?

The issue isn't really whether or not Michael Vick is an evil POS...the issue is whether or not Mike Tomlin's consideration to bring him to the Steelers is even an issue...

BTW, it really isn't...once you enter the realm of judging people over what they reportedly considered doing as opposed to what actually happened, well, you're going to end up doing a lot of pointless judging...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Typical, when someone can't argue their way out, blame it on racism.