Thread: How Much Would we be talking about Pouncey's snaps if we'd lost?

Legend

User Info Menu

How Much Would we be talking about Pouncey's snaps if we'd lost?

Did he have just 1, or was it two, bad shotgun snaps? Maybe he was thinking of something else at the time??!!!

I have the impression ever since he hurt his foot he's been playing like a different guy than All-Pro like he did his first year, almost like he's just not that focused as he used to be. If it was trouble holding his blocks, or sweeping out that would be one thing, maybe his foot never healed right. But bad snaps?

Come to think of it, it feels to me like Tomlin needs to whoop some butarski in a few areas. Sanders with his "look at me, I can catch!" Holmes-like antics after every catch. #17 with his "Is it OK if I kind of take this play off, guys?" alligator-arms performances. Willie "Will he ... draw just 3 ... or 4! holding calls" Colon (though maybe it's not right to pick on him, it might be lack of skill rather than a bad attitude, can't really get down on a guy for that).

And why the ***%#$$*^&* can't Mendenhall at least switch the ball to the side away from the runner?? Did he not have enough time to think about that while he was rehabbing? If we lose a game because he fumbles, which is pretty likely as I see it this year, if he doesn't change, it could be the difference between the post-season and not. I never played more than sandlot ball, but I made sure I switched the ball to the side opposite the tackler - so he can't because ...???

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, looking for any excuse for not dominating except that the truth is probably that we're in a season of transition. But if that's the case, this is THE year that people have to pull together. If they all could be fighters like Ben and AB and Heath, etc., it could be all the difference in the world.

Signed,

Pollyana - not!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

The mendenhall fumble feels like its a sign of things to come. Doesn't he realize if he switches the ball to the outside hand he can stiff arm defenders? I learned that back in Pop Warner...

Backup

User Info Menu

Thats what he was obviously trying to do and hence the fumble. Pouceys 1st snap was bad, the 2nd one should have been handled.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh, how could I forget - the penalties!!! We had over 100 yards in penalties, I think, yesterday. They almost caused us to lose. THAT is coaching, 100% pure and simple (except maybe Colon, he's got to hold to protect Ben, he's just underskilled). But actually, Colon is more famous for false starts. THAT is coaching!!

I kind of feel this team could slip away from Tomlin if he doesn't start tightening the screws a bit. With our talent deficit on the OL and on defense (with Troy and Harrison at less than 100%), we don't have ANY room for error this season.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Backup

User Info Menu

Not ONE Steeler player has anything negative to say about Tomlin. THEY LOVE THE GUY. Just like they loved Arians. Who cares if you guys have problems with a coach. The Rooneys dont and thats all that matters.

Starter

User Info Menu

Well said SASF.

You hit the highlights right on the button.

But, the list could go on and on. That is what is bothersome.

I decided not to make any comments this early in this thread but I did see the tail end of coaches presser. He was as upset about things as you maybe even moreso. And this after a win. I took this as a good sign.