Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea know, I started this thread, and it was totally legit; I can't be responsible for what it's become. I mean, I guess I contributed to it going off the tracks, but I surely am not solely responsible. That being said, there are tons of similarities between Jesus and Horus stories. That cannot be denied.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5b.htm
    I respect every man's right to have whatever religious beliefs they wish.

however, this is the wrong forum to discuss them...

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This is just laughable. I get it Shawn...

The MGM Grand should start electricuting boxers to death because they perform badly in the ring.

Why shouldn't they? The MGM Grand serves steaks at their buffets. It's all the same...
    Shawn is saying that the MGM Grand should not do either one...

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

I know I started a thread on Tomlin wanting Vick on the team and then someone went into how killing dogs must not matter because they are not mentioned in the Bible. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    This is just laughable. I get it Shawn...

The MGM Grand should start electricuting boxers to death because they perform badly in the ring.

Why shouldn't they? The MGM Grand serves steaks at their buffets. It's all the same...
    I'm glad that sound logic makes you laugh.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Lloyd you do realize much of the information on that site is either slanted or bold faced deception right?
    2014 NFL Draft

Btw i started a Jesus Horus post in the general section for those interested.
    2014 NFL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

On the contrary, after reading this whole laughable thread I would say this is the perfect thread to discuss just about anything. There are a bunch of nuts on this planet....any many of them are Steeler fans!!:0

Eni...lets roll with that thought.

Ok, Eni let's ignore cultural norms and just base right and wrong upon your visceral reactions to things. I believe bull fighting to be cruel, but there must be whole countries of "sociopaths". What purpose does bull fighting serve? What purpose does hunting non excess animals for pure sport serve? Should we call those types of hunters sociopaths? I used to like to shoot at birds and frogs when I was a child with my BB gun...killed a few too...am I a sociopath?

The general public scares me, and let me tell you why. They allow their emotions to overrules their logic all too often. That can leak out into the justice system. I find Vicks actions repulsive...but I can also think about it logically and consistently. I realize what Vick did was just a degree worse than what some hunters do...and what slaughterhouses do. I don't think it's any worse than bull fighting or rooster fighting that much of my family in WV involved themselves with...and thought it ok. I would have sentenced him with that in mind...instead of thinking about my two dogs who I love dearly. He was over sentenced...no doubt in my mind...and it's because of people who think like you...who expressed emotion when they should be making decisions concerning a mans life...with logic.
    2014 NFL Draft

I think I've wanted to add my thoughts on people who make a big distinction between those who kill animals for food and in hunting, and those who have killed animals just to inflict pain. I don't draw a big distinction. I don't think the animal draws a big distinction about whether someone killed them to be served up for dinner or to be hung on a hunters trophy wall, or were killed by a mean-spirited person for another reason. They don't know why they were killed. They did not choose to be killed by any of these, nor is the animal killed in painless humane way, either in a slaughterhouse or by the hunter. The person who kills an animal in the slaughterhouse may, in fact, find a perverse pleasure in doing. Not everyone could do that job. Not everyone likes to shoot animals in the wild, either, and I think there is a certain group of people who look down on those who enjoy this as a sport.

So, for me to condemn Vick so vociferously for this dog-fighting incident, is somewhat hypocritical. Like the killing of animals in every other way is so benign. Vick felt remorse, used his platform to condemn those activities and did the time. So,I think it should be forgiven.

Good post

Good post Steelerphile.
    2014 NFL Draft