Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 162

Thread: Tomlin wanted Vick in Pgh

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    While Tomlin considered the signing of Vick, it was ultimately Tomlin who decided against it...



    If Vick had been on the roster, would Ben even be a Steeler given what happened in 2010 in Milledgeville?

    Go ahead and question Tomlin's judgment at that time, but don't forget to question Ben Roethlisberger's judgment at that time as well, which was infinitely worse...
    Woa, the cart just flew way off the tracks. Ben being a pig (which isn't illegal, just pig-like) and MT having way too strong drive to be "pro black" at the expense of the team, are not even in the same galaxy in terms of being relative. And now that we are seemingly bringing in everyone character, and comparing them, I'd much rather have a dude on my team who tries to have sex with girls in public bathrooms (not forced, he was never even charged with anything of the sort) than I would a dude who tortured and murdered dogs. Imagine lowers a dogs cage into water, while they were living, or electrocuting them in their cages until they died. Vick DID THAT SH_T. F THAT.

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Yea, some will accuse you of sounding racist, but I think it deserves discussion. To a degree it is nature (not just human nature) for races (i.e. breeds) to want to surround themselves with like creatures. It really is natural, so I don't want to completely point the dirty end of the stick at that mindset. Tell me, if you're in a frat and you have an Italian lineage, that when an Italian kid pledges that you don't kind of extra support him, all things being equal? I don't hate on MT for some of that. However, that being said, overly pushing for black players, at the expense of putting the best 53 players on the roster, is unforgivable. And pushing to get Vick on this team is very questionable. He might have wanted to "help a brother out" but it was an obviously jacked move, all things considered. I don't think it is right to flatly reject a QB because he's black, but at the same time, an "all-black" push for QB is just as wrong. The GM for Jacksonville, who happened to be black, seemed to make sure that all QBs on the team were black. It was no coincidence, no way. And, partly due to that jacked mindset, the team sucked in those years. Put the best 53 players on the team, regardless of race. Operating any other way is idiotic and racist. It will be interesting to see who ends up replacing Heath Miller, Keisel and Ben, won't it?

    i think it is accurate to say that all races are racists and probably always will be.
    as far as the black qb conspiracy...............not so sure i can buy it 100%

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Woa, the cart just flew way off the tracks. Ben being a pig (which isn't illegal, just pig-like) and MT having way too strong drive to be "pro black" at the expense of the team, are not even in the same galaxy in terms of being relative. And now that we are seemingly bringing in everyone character, and comparing them, I'd much rather have a dude on my team who tries to have sex with girls in public bathrooms (not forced, he was never even charged with anything of the sort) than I would a dude who tortured and murdered dogs. Imagine lowers a dogs cage into water, while they were living, or electrocuting them in their cages until they died. Vick DID THAT SH_T. F THAT.
    The cart didn't fly off the tracks...you brought up judgment...

    You are missing the point...

    Why wouldn't Tomlin consider another QB given what his QB was doing (and would continue to do, it turns out) at that time? Shouldn't a head coach consider all options?

    So, your issue is that Tomlin is somehow too "pro-black" at QB?

    If that's the case, than this thread is no longer worthy of my time...

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The cart didn't fly off the tracks...you brought up judgment...

    You are missing the point...

    Why wouldn't Tomlin consider another QB given what his QB was doing (and would continue to do, it turns out) at that time? Shouldn't a head coach consider all options?

    So, your issue is that Tomlin is somehow too "pro-black" at QB?

    If that's the case, than this thread is no longer worthy of my time...
    Go back and read my original post. It said nothing about MT being desirous to bring in a black QB - not one word. I was questioning why MT would want to bring in a dog killing felon, who obviously doesn't come any where close to fitting the Steeler philosophy. So, continue making up your straw man arguments, and then knocking them down. That is really impressive.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The cart didn't fly off the tracks...you brought up judgment...

    You are missing the point...

    Why wouldn't Tomlin consider another QB given what his QB was doing (and would continue to do, it turns out) at that time? Shouldn't a head coach consider all options?

    So, your issue is that Tomlin is somehow too "pro-black" at QB?

    If that's the case, than this thread is no longer worthy of my time...
    i dont think considering another qb at that time was a bad thing. considering who he did is suspect.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,839
    i guess with D!ck Lebeau retiring shortly and the fans upset with him now, tomlin should ask to hire Jerry Sandusky. what could it hurt?

  7. #17
    I usually feel that the people that supply my entertainment,whether it be sports,movies or music,while I might enjoy their talents,are not always people,that in real life I would want to hang out out with or even like. However in Micheal Vick's case,if he were ever on the Steelers roster,and I've been a fan since 1972,I would stop watching. That man is a walking piece of ****.

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by buccoray61 View Post
    I usually feel that the people that supply my entertainment,whether it be sports,movies or music,while I might enjoy their talents,are not always people,that in real life I would want to hang out out with or even like. However in Micheal Vick's case,if he were ever on the Steelers roster,and I've been a fan since 1972,I would stop watching. That man is a walking piece of ****.
    I really struggle with that. On one hand, I want to forgive, give a man a chance, he served his time, may have changed as a man. The other part of me thinks about his active hand in killing dogs, not by just having them fight, but killing the dogs who got injured or lost, by drowning and electrocution, and I get sick. That can't be chalked up as "cultural" or "how he was brought up." There is something very heinous about a man who can torture and kill animals, and especially dogs. And it would seem inherent. And Tomlin wanted him on the roster. What is wrong with him? How could he not see that would have been a very bad move? Does he not even understand his own team?

  9. #19
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,846
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i guess with D!ck Lebeau retiring shortly and the fans upset with him now, tomlin should ask to hire Jerry Sandusky. what could it hurt?

    There was a point to posting that??????????????? Was it an attempt at humor???????????????
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i dont think considering another qb at that time was a bad thing. considering who he did is suspect.
    You should never stop trying to improve your team, even if the Ben scandal never happened. You should always be looking to make the 53-man roster better, even if you know your QB is a franchise QB and will only be scratched if hurt. That is why I have zero problem with searching to upgrade the back up QB unit. But not with Vick. No way. As a matter of fact, if anything, I don't think they have done enough to ensure we would have a capable back up QB on a supposed Super Bowl-contending team. Not only is Leftwich not that good, but he is guaranteed to get hurt within 2 games, same as Batch. If we lose Ben for any significant amount of time, our season is over. And if you recall, Jeff Hostetler and Tom Brady were back ups who did lead their teams to SB wins. If you aren't prepared with a capable back up, your chance at a ring can vaporize if your #1 goes down.

    http://mike100915.files.wordpress.co.../hostetler.jpg

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •